• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to me 2016 m6000 sno pro service questions

P
Dec 15, 2018
Finally drug my first snowmobile home and iam super jacked to go do hop overs but...I realize I better go through it and make sure its road worthy so to speak. So since I've never had a snowmobile before and iam not an accomplished two stroke mechanic I was hoping you guys could give me a check list of sorts to do and or to look for? From my past projects I know the obvious things and iam willing to dig deeper but I really have no idea what could be specific and or important to check. I've watched some videos on pre season maintenance and a couple others but just thought I'd ask so as to avoid a bad first few rides or ruining something due to mis alignment or routine maintenance that I or the previous owner neglected? Thanks charlie

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Clutches, chaincase, compression test, steering looseness, track and rear skid, skis and wearbars. These are all things that can be junk on a "mint" looking low mile sled depending on its past life,

Premium Features