• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to go pro ??

L

letrbuck

Jun 6, 2013
Montana
buying a gopro 3 or 4 silver what besides a mount will I need for running while sledding so many different accessories backpac etc etc ??
thanks

F

flex2win

Oct 11, 2009
I am new to Go Pro as well. Ran mine for the first time last week out in Tog. The batteries on these things are HORRIBLE.
Make sure you carry a couple extras in your bibs to swap out. I didn't put my camera on my helmet until we got to an area to ride. I am very disappointed with them. Hope you have better luck.

L

letrbuck

Jun 6, 2013
Montana
oh great I guess that justifies lightweight sled parts to balance out carrying extra batteries lol how about the accessories ? anything special needed for helmet/snow application besides the mount

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Flex how cold was it ? I had my gopro hero 3 out the other day riding and I had it on all day and would film for 2 minutes ish while doing interesting stuff. And one battery lasted almost all day. I switched to the 2nd battery to be safe. I ordered on of these to be on the safe side...... Might be worth it for yourself

Brunton Outdoor All Day Extended Battery Pack for Go Pro and Smartphone 4000mah Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LUKNM5E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_LT3Uub19YJ5WW

F

flex2win

Oct 11, 2009
Flex how cold was it ? I had my gopro hero 3 out the other day riding and I had it on all day and would film for 2 minutes ish while doing interesting stuff. And one battery lasted almost all day. I switched to the 2nd battery to be safe. I ordered on of these to be on the safe side...... Might be worth it for yourself

Brunton Outdoor All Day Extended Battery Pack for Go Pro and Smartphone 4000mah Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LUKNM5E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_LT3Uub19YJ5WW

20's I believe.

N

nytro-r6

Dec 15, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have a couple of them and never had a problem with either of them. Batteries are supposed to last around 2.5 hours of recording time. I typically use G-RADs technique as well; i.e. turn off when i'm not filming. And I think my battery has only died once while riding.

As for mounts I have one on my helmet, I've used the chesty mount, and I have used the "flex jaws clamp".

Premium Features