• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Springs for 2019 RMK PRO 163"

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Curious who all have tried either Z-broz or Raptors shock springs. I'm probably 250 ish pounds with all gear on and wondering what the difference would be. Appreciate your input.

D
Nov 28, 2010
Ran the raptors triple rate springs on my 18 Axys 800 163 Def way better than stock
More sled control sidehilling over ruts and old tracks Holds line tight Confidence builder for sure Want to upgrade to raptor kinetic shocks this year to put complete shock package together and dominate
Springs took my riding ability up 2 notches
Now I'm the guy on the hill playing around while others are down at bottom watching me instead of the other way around

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I have Raptor springs on my '18 163". The rear spring is a huge improvement over stock. The ski shock springs are a little bit better, but not game changing. The front track spring is..eh. You'll definitely want to tighten it up more than they suggest. It's too soft and it's definitely not any better, or worse, than stock, but that's just my opinion.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I have the upgraded Walker Evans Shocks - not sure if they have different springs then the standard springs that came in my 19’ 163. Really hoping they make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I have Raptor springs on my '18 163". The rear spring is a huge improvement over stock. The ski shock springs are a little bit better, but not game changing. The front track spring is..eh. You'll definitely want to tighten it up more than they suggest. It's too soft and it's definitely not any better, or worse, than stock, but that's just my opinion.

Did you go with the standard weight or heavier weight springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Years back on my 14 Pro I upgraded to Raptor springs and..........I was hooked!!! Way better then stock, in fact it felt so good I took the next step on my 17 Axys and my 19 Axys ended up with a full set of Raptor shocks.

I would highly recommend the springs but be warned, increasing ride quality is addicting!!! LOL

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Years back on my 14 Pro I upgraded to Raptor springs and..........I was hooked!!! Way better then stock, in fact it felt so good I took the next step on my 17 Axys and my 19 Axys ended up with a full set of Raptor shocks.

I would highly recommend the springs but be warned, increasing ride quality is addicting!!! LOL
I think for this go around - and since I have two sleds to do .... I'm leaning towards going with Fast Trax here in Washington and go with rebuilding/revalving with Z-bros springs on my wife's sled and Zbros front springs on mine and add a new beefier shock on the center rear skid. My sled only has 115 miles and the upgraded WE's. I'm hoping I can take the upgraded W/E off my 19 and put on my wife 2013 center shock location. I'll research more when I get closer to pulling the trigger. Should be a slick set up

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Miss matching shocks and springs instead of utilizing the full shock/spring package from a supplier is like running bias tires on your steer axel and radials on the rear.
Just my thoughts.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
TRS - I agree - it was actually the recommendation from Fast Trax who has a great track record for setting up sleds suspensions. I originally had planned to do all four springs and it was their recommendation to go the path I am on. They stand they have had great success with that combination

Premium Features