• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New snowbike scratcher

I
Sep 17, 2013
This is our new release ice scratcher using our patented Duraflex cable design. It is designed to precisely direct the snow into the track windows to cool the hifax from the front. When not needed it pivots into the stored position. Retail should be around $60. www.betweenthelinesdesigns.com

IMG_20150926_101718315.jpg IMG_20150926_101700768.jpg

Last edited:
R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
When the snow flies I'd like to see a video on how much snow it kicks up. I've decided to run scratchers on every snowbike since last season was an ice-fest.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
these cable type setups didnt work at all with the sleds. have you done something to make yours different?

I
Sep 17, 2013
Tested all last season...these work awesome!
...don't know what to say portgrinder...we sell 15,000 sets of cable scratchers a season with less than 3% return rate...usually for warranty on pulled ends from forgetting to put them up while loading/unloading.

kevinhoglund

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stanwood, Wa
Little over Priced.

if I can buy a set of cables for $99.95. And we only need one cable with a washer on the end I think retail price should be
$49.98. I think you are a little over priced. Is the washer carbibe to minimize wear? IMO.

I
Sep 17, 2013
Overpriced!!!???...excuse me...there is a piece of machined aluminum on this ski scratcher that alone costs $10 to make, plus the scratcher that is attached is half a set of the new Hi-Roller Duraflex that retails for $80/set.
...not to mention the fact that if everything was priced for what they cost to build there would be no one building and selling anything!
If you don't like my price for a lifetime warrantied snowbike scratcher, then go make your own with your own design! I posted this thread to get responses to the appearance and functionality of the design, not to be torn down by clowns who nitpick pricing.

X
Oct 6, 2010
I was sold at the Utah Snow Expo

I was sold at the Utah Snow Expo.
This made the list for the must have's for 2016.

There where a couple of times last year I would have payed $200 if I could have had it right then.

I Plan on getting one for all my T/S Skis and hopefully they will never get deployed this year.

2-Bad the X2 Raptor are going to need 2.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Innovator, you might be defensively overreacting a little too much to a customers opinion on price. Maybe show some class as a manufacturer by responding with a little more professionalism. Keep up the great work coming out with such innovative products!

C

chopper

Nov 27, 2007
Niseko,Japan
Overpriced!!!???...excuse me...there is a piece of machined aluminum on this ski scratcher that alone costs $10 to make, plus the scratcher that is attached is half a set of the new Hi-Roller Duraflex that retails for $80/set.
...not to mention the fact that if everything was priced for what they cost to build there would be no one building and selling anything!
If you don't like my price for a lifetime warrantied snowbike scratcher, then go make your own with your own design! I posted this thread to get responses to the appearance and functionality of the design, not to be torn down by clowns who nitpick pricing.

Good on you mate, tell them to get ****ed

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
These last two responses right after each other are awesome.

internet gold.

Looks like a cool, USEFUL & simple product, I'd like to see it in use... should have taken some pics & vids last year man... effective marketing is kinda important n stuff.

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
I'm going into my third season on a standard set of scratchers mounted in the slide rails. They seem to work just fine, but a single ski-mounted scratcher looks like it would be quicker and easier to deploy/undeploy... does anyone have experience with a ski-mounted scratcher on their bike? How does it affect the handling? Riding on ice is already pretty sketchy and I'm wondering how the additional drag from the back of the ski could make it worse (or better?).

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
My biggest problem with the rail mounted spring style scratchers are when you make a sharp turn on a groomed trail they spring upside down and you have to stop to reset them. Not a big deal on sleds so much, but bikes tip a lot more.

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Two years ago I had problems with hyfax oveheating.
Made some scratchers to adress this issue.
Came up with this solution, not a nice looking solution but not much time and money spent on it...
1b8cd3ceac3ef3dacf8ce5b8e75a2d87.jpg

1b541af87ffdf78a6af7d2da21937a4a.jpg

cb6a317abdda610894d89790dbaea7d3.jpg

My conclutions was that scratchers may work on hard snow but for me, this was mainly a suspension geometry issue.
Now I ride a suspension that works and no overheating, at least in most conditions.
Snowbikers mostly ride in loose snow and hyfax cooling is not a problem.

Last edited:
J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
Two years ago I had problems with hyfax oveheating.
Made some scratchers to adress this issue.....
....Snowbikers mostly ride in loose snow and hyfax cooling is not a problem.

Good Job!
For me there's a little road riding where ever I go to get to the good stuff. After breaking my scratchers I simply drag my feet now. But that's getting old and wearing my boots out.

Premium Features