• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: FOX iQS ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED SUSPENSION FOR THE AXYS

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Looking over new stuff for this season... and ran into this...

The new iQS system from FOX... Looking pretty nice.

So far... ONLY for the AXYS with REACT suspension.

PART NUMBER: 854-02-001
MODEL: POLARIS PRO-RMK 800/850, REACT

iqs-header-polaris-web.jpg

picture.php

BENEFITS

• Enhances safety, efficiency, control, convenience, performance
  • Select profiles on-the-fly, permitting adjustments to suit varying terrain as you ride
  • Tangible improvements in ride handling
  • No need to count clicks

HIGHLIGHTS

• Electronic modal damping control via Bosch ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
  • Full range adjustment takes place in less than one second
  • Wide range adjustment characteristics
  • Plug and Play wiring harness

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2rMDPpKDsMs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Been waiting for this. This system, if done right, could be the biggest step forward for mountain snowmobile suspension since...ever.

So many things you could do if the valving was able to be changed in real time (which is exactly what this can do). You can have a "suspension map" that could do different things depending on the angle of the sled, angle of the slope, load each shock is taking etc.

Be fun to watch it evolve!

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Been waiting for this. This system, if done right, could be the biggest step forward for mountain snowmobile suspension since...ever.

So many things you could do if the valving was able to be changed in real time (which is exactly what this can do). You can have a "suspension map" that could do different things depending on the angle of the sled, angle of the slope, load each shock is taking etc.

I'll be running this setup this season on my personal build. Hope to have some reviews near Christmas after our B.C. trip.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

So you are saying that a strain gauge could be added to the steering post so as soon as you pulled right or left, the shock for that side could instantly soften to allow for easy roll up? Or on off camber riding there could be an accelerometer sensor to stiffen the downhill shock and soften the uphill shock to help to keep the sled level?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The "live valve" Fox shocks in the Dynamix RZR's already have that sorta thang going on....so it's not that far fetched I suppose

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
So you are saying that a strain gauge could be added to the steering post so as soon as you pulled right or left, the shock for that side could instantly soften to allow for easy roll up? Or on off camber riding there could be an accelerometer sensor to stiffen the downhill shock and soften the uphill shock to help to keep the sled level?

100% - Live valve on the mountain bike side is looking at pitch of the bike (up or down), "map" (what setting the rider has it in) and is adjusting the supsension's valving in real time (100x/second) to open or close just the right amount for the vehicle to be most efficient.

I honestly think it sort of sucks on a mountain bike, but on a sled - wow. Game changing. Rear suspension could be stiffened up in real time if front end coming up too quick, left or right shock could be softened/stiffened depending on the side hill. Could effect high speed compression or low speed compression.

You could have a sled that rides on trail incredibly well with a push of a button, have a wheelie machiine to impress your buds, then climb crazy steep stuff - all by just selecting the right suspension map.

It'll be the biggest thing in snowmobile suspension since oil damped shocks came on the scene...

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Spoke with Fox last week. Looks like my set will ship mid December. So hopefully have some reviews and thoughts early 2019.

N
Mar 7, 2018
The iQS tech is different than the fox live valve. iQS just has a servo on the compression damping 'clicker' where as Live Valve has an active compression damping valve that can respond quickly to vehicle events.

The RZR LiveValve uses an IMU and a controller much more sophisticated than the one fox is showing here. I'm sure it can be applied to sleds, but will take some pretty serious software and systems engineering to work right since vehicle dynamics of snowmobile are a lot bigger mystery than a 4 wheeled vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXtKJrmQcE

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
The iQS tech is different than the fox live valve. iQS just has a servo on the compression damping 'clicker' where as Live Valve has an active compression damping valve that can respond quickly to vehicle events.

The RZR LiveValve uses an IMU and a controller much more sophisticated than the one fox is showing here. I'm sure it can be applied to sleds, but will take some pretty serious software and systems engineering to work right since vehicle dynamics of snowmobile are a lot bigger mystery than a 4 wheeled vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXtKJrmQcE

Great point. I didn't dig into it enough, but figured this may be the case.

I guess I got to day dreaming about technology that exists elsewhere in Fox's lineup that could be applied to sleds with potentially amazing results.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
So how would this system do compared to a Skinz ARC? The ARC is a coupling device. Would this be as effective for planting the front end down when you turn upwards out of a sidehill?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
So how would this system do compared to a Skinz ARC? The ARC is a coupling device. Would this be as effective for planting the front end down when you turn upwards out of a sidehill?

In theory, it could accomplish the same goal. Without knowing how aggressive the settings are, that's tough to know at the moment!

Premium Features