• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Announcement: Everett Removable Snow Flap Kit

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
After a full season of development and testing, I'm proud to introduce the Everett Removable Snow Flap Kit!
We've developed a simple design to allow you to remove your stock snow flap and attach it to the tunnel of your sled within seconds. It's time to lose the flap!
Order today at everettsports.net/snowflap

Improved Hill Climbing :: Less Getting Stuck :: Easier Hopovers :: Better Wheelies!

- No tools required after installation!
- Reduces drag so you can climb higher and get stuck less.
- Provides for flap removal when backing your sled down a steep ramp.
- Better access to your bumper for those times when you do get stuck.
- Similar benefit to shortening tunnel without the labor and loss of resale value.
- Reattach snow flap in seconds for trail riding, low snow conditions, or roost deflection.
- A snow flap's only benefit in deep snow is to help you get stuck easier!

ESF_01.jpg

Snow flap not included. This kit uses your existing snow flap and only works with the following Polaris snow flap part numbers:
5451976, 5438021, 5456130, 5438788, 5438529 and 5455980. Basically, if your snow flap looks like the one in the pictures (with or without holes), it'll work. I'm currently evaluating the 3" track snow flap.

Using a snow flap listed above, this kit will work on all 2011-2021 Polaris mountain chassis, Pro Ride and Axys, snowmobiles. Works with stock Polaris bumpers and most aftermarket bumpers.

What's Included?

- Stainless steel magnetic snow flap mounting bracket
- 2x corrosion resistant zinc-plated steel receiver brackets
- 2x retaining shock cords with adjustable cordlocks
- Mounting hardware for snow flap and tunnel bracket
- Installation Instructions
- Snow flap not included
esf_parts.jpg

I've got kits to ship starting this week, as well as an installation video. I'm a regular on here, so if you have any questions, post them up and I'll answer back.

Yes, there really is a noticeable difference! Thanks for looking and thank you SnoWest!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Cool idea.

For guys running bags and other gear on the tunnel what is the minimum distance from the tail light to the bar on top of the tunnel?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Cool idea.

For guys running bags and other gear on the tunnel what is the minimum distance from the tail light to the bar on top of the tunnel?
Thanks guys. Good question. This is a 163 and I can put the bracket all the way back until I run out of t-slot. So the bracket is about 7-3/4" from the top edge of the snow flap.

On a 155", the t-slots go all the way back and you can literally have the bracket touch the taillight and it'll still work. The flap will obviously stick out past the bumper at these settings. The snow flap is 17" long.
ff10ed0de4c32291656ed4cad9f9920c.jpg
708221d93e415d3d024be384ada925d8.jpg

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
at :20 in the video, it looks like if you pushed down on the flap, it might come off . . ?
Wondering if one backed up and the flap caught/hit on something, it might come off.
As in backing down a ramp, or something like that . . ?
If that happened, and one didn't notice, the flap could be sucked up into the tunnel when moving forward, and beat up pretty badly.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
at :20 in the video, it looks like if you pushed down on the flap, it might come off . . ?
Wondering if one backed up and the flap caught/hit on something, it might come off.
As in backing down a ramp, or something like that . . ?
If that happened, and one didn't notice, the flap could be sucked up into the tunnel when moving forward, and beat up pretty badly.
Here's a video we took a while back to show how well it stays on. The kit comes with 2 retaining cords, that are required, and they prevent the flap from going anywhere in the rare event that it does fall off. We tested it on several major whooped out trails and purposely tried to get it to come loose. After some serious pounding, it came loose twice, but the retaining cords just hold the flap there until you reattach it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Nicely done. Been running trimmed PDPs since 2011, with a simple one-tug adjustable strap hanging off the bumper. It can be cinched up for backing up and less deep snow drag in 10 seconds, never gets caught in the track, loosened to catch more snow in the tunnel. Won't call it pretty, but BC tough. Still hangs off the back of tunnel, of course, unlike the removables - advantage removable.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It looks pretty solid in that video!
Should it come off, and the retaining cords hold it . . .. does it (while dangling there) have the possibility of catching on the track lugs and getting sucked up into the tunnel?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
It looks pretty solid in that video!
Should it come off, and the retaining cords hold it . . .. does it (while dangling there) have the possibility of catching on the track lugs and getting sucked up into the tunnel?
Timbre, this is what it looks like, if the snow flap ever came loose. Again, it takes some serious pounding to get it to unhook. Yes, on a big bump when unhooked, the flap could touch the lugs, but it's still not going anywhere. We also tested the flap unhooked with just one retaining cord attached. It dangled off to the side, touching the track more, but still never went anywhere.

Just an fyi, the retaining cords are 3/16" multi-strand shock cords with a polyester shroud. USA made. It's the best shock cord you can buy.
034cf588fba82016c2acb96be9777d9d.jpg

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I've wondered for years why Polaris did not offer a detachable snow flap and a tether on their sleds. One down, one to go. Thank you aftermarket!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Pretty cool, so if you hit the flap on the bottom edge (hitting upwards) does it stay on ? Basically trying to simulate dense snow or maybe going over some nasty whoops or something ???

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Still working on the 3 inch track flap?
I can now confidently say, after a lot of testing, that the kit will indeed work with the large 3" snow flap!

The biggest difference is that the flap removes by going down and around the bumper. The big nub on the flap won't clear the bumper by lifting straight up. So, it'll maybe take an extra second to attach to the tunnel. Still very easy though. For B&M, and other high rise aftermarket bumpers, the flap can be removed out the top.

Two very simple mods are required:

- You'll need to drill two small holes in the flap for the retaining cords.
- Two 3/16" holes need to be drilled in the flap bracket to mount the snow flap. The outer holes are in a different location than the holy flap. Very easy mod, since you use the flap as the guide. The kit will eventually have holes for both flaps, but for now you'll need to drill 2 holes.

I'll have detailed instructions soon.

This will make a HUGE difference for you guys with that big rigid flap!
f237fadc3697f8221bc07fd83050e370.jpg

C
Jan 13, 2009
Coalville, Ut
After a full season of development and testing, I'm proud to introduce the Everett Removable Snow Flap Kit!
We've developed a simple design to allow you to remove your stock snow flap and attach it to the tunnel of your sled within seconds. It's time to lose the flap!

Improved Hill Climbing :: Less Getting Stuck :: Easier Hopovers :: Better Wheelies!

- No tools required after installation!
- Reduces drag so you can climb higher and get stuck less.
- Provides for flap removal when backing your sled down a steep ramp.
- Better access to your bumper for those times when you do get stuck.
- Similar benefit to shortening tunnel without the labor and loss of resale value.
- Reattach snow flap in seconds for trail riding, low snow conditions, or roost deflection.
- A snow flap's only benefit in deep snow is to help you get stuck easier!

ESF_01.jpg

Snow flap not included. This kit uses your existing snow flap and only works with the following Polaris snow flap part numbers:
5451976, 5438021, 5456130, 5438788, 5438529 and 5455980. Basically, if your snow flap looks like the one in the pictures (with or without holes), it'll work. I'm currently evaluating the 3" track snow flap.

Using a snow flap listed above, this kit will work on all 2011-2021 Polaris mountain chassis, Pro Ride and Axys, snowmobiles. Works with stock Polaris bumpers and most aftermarket bumpers.

What's Included?

- Stainless steel magnetic snow flap mounting bracket
- 2x corrosion resistant zinc-plated steel receiver brackets
- 2x retaining shock cords with adjustable cordlocks
- Mounting hardware for snow flap and tunnel bracket
- Installation Instructions
- Snow flap not included
esf_parts.jpg

I've got kits to ship starting this week, as well as an installation video. I'm a regular on here, so if you have any questions, post them up and I'll answer back.

Yes, there really is a noticeable difference! Thanks for looking and thank you SnoWest!

Just wondering if you run any summer discounts on your products? If so then when? Asking for a friend.......:)

Premium Features