• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: Everett Ankle Savers

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
everett_ankle_Savers_collage.jpg

Never get your foot caught in the toe hoop of your snowmobile again! If you ride a Polaris, or another snowmobile with toe hoops, you may have already experienced the danger of getting your foot caught. Don’t let your sled take you to the bottom of the hill. Everett Ankle Savers may prevent a sprained or broken ankle.

Everett Ankle Savers reduce the chance of your boot getting caught between the snowmobile’s toe hoop and running board. This special design takes only minutes to attach. The shape and width of the Ankle Saver was optimized to prevent your boot from catching while still providing the benefit and use of the toe hoop toward the outside, where your boot can’t become entangled.

- Made from lightweight durable aluminum with a race inspired design
- Powder coated to prevent snow buildup
- Stainless steel mounting hardware and spacers included
- No holes to drill, simple installation
- Adjustable design for rider preference
- An included set screw will lock in your optimum position

Snowmobile Fitment:
2011-2016 Polaris RMK 144, 155, 163
2011-2016 Polaris Pro RMK 155, 163
2011-2016 Polaris RMK Assault 155
2011-2016 Polaris Switchback Assault 144
Will also fit any snowmobile with 7/8” diameter toe hoops and a minimum of 4.25” between the toe hoop and running board.

Sold in pairs. Suggested retail price: $129. Special pricing at $99.

You can get them at the Everett Sports website: Click Here
Also available on Ebay: Click Here
Dealer inquiries welcome.

everett_ankle_Savers_01.jpg

everett_ankle_Savers_03.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Nice looking product!

i made something similar for a buddy a couple years ago after he had a scare getting his foot stuck.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I don't see why anyone who really uses the toe bar on the Pro would want this product. I hook the front of my boot under the bar to provide lift and control when turning in deep snow. This product will make that maneuver impossible to do.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I don't see why anyone who really uses the toe bar on the Pro would want this product. I hook the front of my boot under the bar to provide lift and control when turning in deep snow. This product will make that maneuver impossible to do.

Then it'll be a double benefit for you. It'll prevent your boots from getting hooked AND it'll break you of a bad habit.:face-icon-small-ton JK

The Ankle Savers are adjustable and were shaped so that you can still have some hook. The width was also optimized to keep you out of the danger zone but still allow you to fully hook your boot on the outer part of the toe hook, where your boot can't get stuck (see the lower right corner of the very first pic).

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It is not a bad habit. This product also stops you from getting farther forward on your sled. I guess it is all in how you ride. I guess I have never had a problem. They are not like the old revs. I guess if it were a problem I would rather move it up a half inch.then you still get full use of your sled. Your product will obviously work but I would rather skin the cat a different way.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I will go with a taller loop, Good job looking outside of the box but that area is still needed IMO.

Last edited:

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
nice work, they look simple and easy to install

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
It is not a bad habit. This product also stops you from getting farther forward on your sled. I guess it is all in how you ride. I guess I have never had a problem. They are not like the old revs. I guess if it were a problem I would rather move it up a half inch.then you still get full use of your sled. Your product will obviously work but I would rather skin the cat a different way.

Turboless Terry is correct. It is not a bad habit at all. You just shove your boot in there and it gives you leverage as you are lifting the high side through powder turns around trees, etc. Pretty much everybody I ride with does it. No broken ankles either. I also echo what Terry said about wanting to get as far forward as possible at times. This product makes that impossible. I position my boots all over the running boards but I like the far forward position for certain maneuvers. I have the thicker Klim boots (Radium) that have an inner boot and I have never had my boot get caught under the toe loops. I kind of think that the manufacturer put them there to be used just as we use them. Not everything that they do is a good idea but the toe loops are a good idea in my opinion.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I think the guy came up with a clever solution to what quite a few people have perceived to be an issue. If those people are concerned, here is a cheap and fairly unobtrusive fix.

I have had my big #14 stuck under that loop, and it took me for a ride. I still think that it was a bit of a fluke and do not personally feel the need for such a "fix" but credit where it is due from me. Nice to see an option like this!

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Looks like a cool design. Thanks for going through the trouble of making these.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Had my left foot stuck in the foot well during an over the bars dismount last season. Severely sprained my left knee, thought for sure I tore an mcl or acl. Had to wear a brace the rest of the season. This a great idea!

bobp

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2008
Redmond, WA
I really like the Ankle Savers

Bought a pair last season after my number 14 got stuck under the loop. The ending wasn't pretty. X-ray, MRI and end of season. Great product

K
Nov 15, 2013
Washington State
I don't "perceive" this to be a problem, I've experienced this problem first hand and have a friend that experienced it first hand and it tore his knee up.

The problem appears to be with the Klim Adrenaline boots in particular combined with the Pro Foot Hoops. I came off the sled on a turn but my foot/boot got stuck in the foot well. A loud "pop" and weeks of barely being able to walk sucked. I've had it happen again once since then but got a little luckier.

My friend had the same problem and tore up his knee and was out of commission. He's since bought these ankle savers and has had zero problem or limitation on his riding and is still able to use his foot hoop without it getting stuck. You can adjust these things so it won't allow your foot to get as deep and it allows your toe to release with the angle of the foot stop by keeping your toe lower.

I think it's a really good solution...Mine should be delivered any day.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
This is a great product.

My riding usually consists of 3000-5000 miles a year. I've had my foot caught a few times in the Dragon chassis and PRO without injury.

Last year was another story. Out for the rest of the season last year starting in March and out for the 16-17 season. Is it worth it to you to miss a season or months of work? That's your decision. You can say it's not nesessary until it "happens to you". I have a completely different outlook at this very dangerous "must have toe hold" on the Polaris chassis now.

On top of that add almost $80,000 worth of Doctor bills.

You are playing Russian Roulette.

Here is some food for thought. Your riding up through the trees as you get to the apex you jump to the other side. Your goofy footed and your foot slides in the pocket next You get tossed off the sled but your foot is caught. Your sled heads down the hill dragging you. Your spread eagle dangling along side your sled. Trees everywhere looking to hook your leg or worse.
I've been there and the Lord was looking out for me that day and came out unscathed. Close your eyes and visualize that in your mind..................
You will think twice about that "must have toe hold".

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Similar story here getting boot caught for the last several years and got lucky, came out of it all with only sore and pulled leg parts!
I put the Everett Ankle Savers on 3 weeks ago and took a couple of rides to get used to, but will never be without them in the future.
Thanks to all at Everett Ankle Savers!!!
gtwitch in wyoming

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I got caught and dragged last year with no significant injury, this year was a different story. Got caught again two weeks ago and broke my foot and sprained my ankle and now I'm out of commission for awhile.
I don't know if these are the ultimate answer but kudos for coming out with a possible solution to a VERY real problem.
To those of you that say it isn't a problem well you're lucky so far and I hope you continue to luck out
I think I will give these a shot until someone comes up with a bolt on loop that can be moved up.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Just another heads up that pre-orders are now being taken for Everett Ankle Savers! Shipping to begin 10/15/19. A huge thank you to those that have already placed an order. Send me a PM to get yours, or you can get them at the Everett Sports website: Click Here

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I've had a few customers, that use the toe hoops a lot, concerned that they will loose that feature with Ankle Savers. I walked out to the shop tonight and snapped a few pics of the Savers on my personal sled. I have them angled forward so that there is still some hoop to get your boot under. The full hoop is still available toward the outsides, as well.

These particular Ankle Savers came off of my Pro-Ride chassis sled a couple of seasons ago. So, you can see they are transferrable and durable.

I'm expecting a call from the machine shop any day now!
1c59144669ea2c4ffb0797c173dec8f2.jpg
8f448da563ab2dc3ebb5bb40f74dc290.jpg
8e9988848cd048f4437fbc9bce4e265d.jpg

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Look what I have! My work is cut out for me this week. LOTS of pre-orders to get out. Thanks to everyone that already placed an order. I should be able to ship all this week.

In the meantime, keep the orders coming!
565302b83aefd31975f8124f920b4ffc.jpg
2741500ef6471e8c18908cab8888b7b4.jpg

Premium Features