• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Announcement: 2016 Silber Turbos Axys kit

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Silber Turbos knew we had our work cut out for us when Polaris released the new Axys chassis. We have focused on producing industry leading turbo kits since 2011 and knew that to remain ahead of the competition we had to look at the entire kit for areas to improve. This dedication to excellence drove us to develop an all-new kit incorporating new technologies, proven components from our existing lines and leveraging our fabrications expertise to deliver the highest quality turbo kit at a reasonable price. The Silber Turbos team began development of this new turbo kit during the 2014-2015 season and has been testing, refining and developing manufacturing processes to ensure Silber Turbos continues to lead the way into the 2016 season. Our exclusive access to Polaris factory riders and employees offers us an inside edge on the competition and has allowed us to test the new turbo kit in the same conditions that factory riders used to test the new platform.

Our 2011-2015 Pro RMK system is the most user-friendly kit on the market today and is clearly the best value. Our goal for the Axys was to continue upon the success of the existing RMK line and to look for ways to add additional value. Our design team was tasked to focus on 6 key areas: Improving performance, easier “no cut” installation, user friendly operation, utilizing high quality components, improving manufacturing processes, and deliver a system that is priced to allow the general sledding population to afford.

Our design team exceeded expectations in all the identified areas and we are pleased to release the Silber Turbos 2016 Axys Turbo Kit. A detailed explanation of each of the components is below:

The heart of any turbo system is the turbocharger itself. We leveraged our existing relationship with kPa Turbochargers to develop a turbocharger properly sized for the new 800 engine, while incorporating design features to enhance performance specific to this platform. The use of the dual ceramic ball bearings allows for instant throttle response critical to our customers. A recirculating blow off valve was incorporated as another way to increase performance. A traditional atmosphere vented BOV is wasting energy every time it opens and boost pressure is released. Recirculating boost pressure back into the inlet stream of the turbocharger allows the turbocharger to stay spooled up while on off throttle positions. We chose to replace the traditional exhaust housing with a stainless steel v band turbine housing. The kPa turbine housings are the best in the industry for increasing power, performance and throttle response. They offer the smoothest flow angle over other turbine housing currently available.

Controlling the Boost pressure is a critical part of any turbo system. We use a Genuine Turbo-smart 40mm External Waste gate Actuator. This allows proper boost control at any boost level and elevation. External waste gates flow more than a traditional internal waste gate housing which will prevent any type of boost creep. Boost pressure for the kits is set to 7psi but can be increased or decreased by a simple spring change.

The exhaust system is constructed of 304 SS and fully polished. The system was designed to enhance performance while minimizing noise. The exhaust exits the OEM location in the belly pan allowing for simple installation.

The intake air is routed to the turbocharger through a carbon fiber cold air intake. The custom wrapped carbon fiber intake is feather light and adapts seamlessly to the OEM hood. This allows for cold air to be drawn through the stock hood vents. Fresh air into the turbocharger allows for a more stable and efficient running turbo system. The vents on the Axys chassis are positioned to prevent plugging up in deep snow conditions.

Charge air is fed to the engine through a custom molded silicone charge tube. We use custom silicone because it’s the smoothest flowing, doesn’t conduct heat like aluminum and allows for an OEM like fit.

This season we have introduced a water to air intercooler option. This intercooler system has a separate stand-alone cooling system to get the lowest charge air temps possible. The Intercooler is o-ring fitted to the throttle bodies to prevent any leaks. Coolant is circulated through a custom casted heat exchanger and intercooler core with the use of our custom 12v pump. The heat exchanger replaces the OEM bulkhead plate, allowing for OEM like fit and finish. The heat exchanger simply rivets in place of the OEM bulkhead plate. The positioning of our heat exchanger allows for maximum airflow on the trail or low snow conditions and will typically be immersed in the snow in normal riding conditions.

Silber Turbos offers the most advanced tuning and fuel management available today for this machine. We are able to fully reprogram the Factory ECU (computer) to properly fuel the snowmobile with the addition of a turbo kit. We have full control of all the maps inside the computer including, fuel, ignition, barometric pressure, exhaust gas tempeture, water temp, and so many more. A key tuning parameter on the Axys is the ability to electronically turn up the oil pump. We are forcing more air and fuel through the engine the demand for oil also goes up. Our propriety tuning software allows us to increase oil volume to provide adequate protection for the engine. Pre mixing gas is not an option with these fuel injected motors as the lubrication never make it to the key areas of the motor. The Polaris ECU uses Alpha N tuning logic. This means fuel delivery to the engine is done utilizing engine RPM and throttle position and works great for a non turbocharged engine. Our softwares ability to change ECU parameters allowed us to add additional maps in the ECU. We added a speed density fuel map which will modify fuel delivery using feedback from the map sensor for an estimation of engine airflow based on pressure and temperature. Having both alpha N and speed density fuel maps allows us to tune the engine for every condition possible.

I am working on adding Pics to this post but you can visit us at https://www.facebook.com/SilberTurbos to see pics until I figure out how to get them on here. You can also see the kit in person at HayDays in the Ice Age and Rehab Wraps booths.

You can always PM me and I will give you my cell and we can discuss details if you like.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Thanks for the great pics!
Quick question, where does the copper line on the bottom of the center section go? I thought they were going to just dead head the oil from the sled's oil pump and not have an outlet for it to circulate?
Anyways I am blown away how much quality parts you get with this kit for the price!
Amazing for sure. Sure wish I could afford one of these kits this year!

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I've had my downpayment in for one of these kits for a while. Last time I talked to them, they were looking at an October install, after they get their mapping squared. I plan on documenting the process and experience here.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Nice system!

Looking forward to more info/pics and ride reports.

You should consider selling that heat exchanger as a stand-alone option for people that want more cooling capacity on their N.A. AXYS-PRO's
I think those would sell like hot-cakes!

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Great looking kit, my 2011 kit for my pro worked really well. Other manufactures :sick:should really take at good long look at the pricing here to boot, :dizzy:3500-4500 should cover just about ANY turbo kit made :face-icon-small-hap IMHO

powder_slut

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2009
Cheyenne, Wy
Can't wait to get my kit! Was super happy with my pro kit. I'm sure this one won't disappoint either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
I must say that is a very nice system! I'm eager to hear ride reports of the new matched kPa turbo coupled with the software tune.

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
Nice system!

Looking forward to more info/pics and ride reports.

You should consider selling that heat exchanger as a stand-alone option for people that want more cooling capacity on their N.A. AXYS-PRO's
I think those would sell like hot-cakes!
Boost-it started making those last year and sell them as a stand alone
Edit: that was for the pro. Not the axys

Last edited:

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
I may get flamed for this but I assure you that I genuinely want to know. You make some great claims and the pricing of your kits is very palatable. Search all over this forum and others I just don't see a lot of info overly positive or overly negative for that matter either. I have am picking up a new sled and quite interested in putting on a turbo so would love to see, read, hear about the good the bad and the ugly from past and future.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I may get flamed for this but I assure you that I genuinely want to know. You make some great claims and the pricing of your kits is very palatable. Search all over this forum and others I just don't see a lot of info overly positive or overly negative for that matter either. I have am picking up a new sled and quite interested in putting on a turbo so would love to see, read, hear about the good the bad and the ugly from past and future.

There is plenty of validation for you to ask that question. I too would like to know..... Seems like there are a lot of sliber kits for sale.

I've owned OVS, twisted, Evo, boondocker kits. Never considered the silber stuff due to use of cheap components they used a couple years ago. Heard a lot of bad things about bad turbos....... And I'm really not a fan of the Dobec box but look like they got away from that recently.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
There is many right ups on other threads that have many positive things to say and non. Many people I find that have nothing good to say are running a BD kit and that is all they know. BD and others make great kits but so does Silber and their price is much better.

Silber has grown just like any other company after starting and many other kits have had the exact issues some claim Silber has had. I myslef have only been running Silber since 13 and did have some little issues with the dobec box but I also had issues with boost leak due to bad exhaust springs and donunts, non of which are due to Silber.

I also had a buddy with a 11 kit and that thing straight ripped with no issues.

Now I don't want this taken the wrong way but I tend to see people buying and installing these kits on their own because they are cheaper that should have it professionally installed. Most issues were fixed by something very small and had nothing to do with the kit. Thats just IMO.

Once I went to the ECU flash on my 13 I have had zero issues with tuning, I also had the base kit with the less expensive journal bearing turbo, again no issues.

I will run Silber again I believe in their products and his/ Corey (Boston Racing) support is second to none.

We have a BD kit on a Pro here in AK and had heck getting it tuned and had zero support from BD, Actually the were very rude and told me you dont have to touch their tuning no matter the elevation which is not the case with the BD box. It now does runs good but has spots that are flat and hard to tune out. It also has bogs here and there but not often.

I have heard of some bogging issues after going to the ECU flash but they also had some different turbo configurations that may have caused the issue. I can not speak for anyone but myself but I will be putting a new Silber Turbo on my 16 Axys. I will also be doing a install thread and report all winter how she runs.

Last edited:

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for your thoughts and I am sure someone will reply with a rebuttal for BD. I have only ridden boosted sleds and never owned yet. While I don't believe there is a turbo that won't have some things to work through, I am hoping to minimize that process. Keep it coming.

Edits for typos from my phone.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure I understand why you would want to dump 200 degree compressed air back in the intake when you can draw 20 degree fresh air? Doesn't this really heat up the compressed air when your whacking the throttle and dumping the BOV constantly in the trees?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not sure I understand why you would want to dump 200 degree compressed air back in the intake when you can draw 20 degree fresh air? Doesn't this really heat up the compressed air when your whacking the throttle and dumping the BOV constantly in the trees?

On my old wrx there was a very notable amount of turbo lag with an atmospheric dump valve.
Went back to the recirc and loved the hit.

Its just wasted boost with a "cool" sound.

Premium Features