• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris alignment bar

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Polaris auto shipped new 850 alignment bars. Most dealers had them show up today. I’m going to check one tonight, they look .100” off.

I have one.

picture.php

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Can the 850 motor be moved a bit? Are the mounts slotted or is this just to set the float on the secondary

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Can the 850 motor be moved a bit? Are the mounts slotted or is this just to set the float on the secondary

You can move the engine into perfect alignment. It takes minimal machining of the rear mounts. There is a locating dowel pin and the 10mm bolt(10) hole that needs to be slotted. Mag slotted to the rear and PTO slotted forward. I do it on the mill. A shim at the front PTO mount and the last thing to do is the two front mag bulk head mount bolts. They will need a little Dremel work. Those two bulkhead bolts you leave out until you have alignment. You can accomplish this without removing the engine.

We are still working on a TRS alignment bar.(Thanks Jeff) Perfecting modifications to accommodate ES sleds.

picture.php

picture.php

a little leadin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I broke down and ordered one a few weeks ago suppose to pick up today. I had to know what’s going on.

My dealers alignment bar is black.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Good for belt sales I guess.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Is this even an issue? Doo forums lots of chatter about belts blowing/shredding. But in the poo and cat there is very little talk of this. From my experience c to c is the most important of alignment with the secondary floating the offset alignment doesnt really have to be perfect, can be out a bit.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Is this even an issue? Doo forums lots of chatter about belts blowing/shredding. But in the poo and cat there is very little talk of this. From my experience c to c is the most important of alignment with the secondary floating the offset alignment doesnt really have to be perfect, can be out a bit.

Yes it’s a big issue but gets ignored for two reasons, 1) there isn’t a chassis option engineered in to correct engine alignment. 2) PI keeps making belts that bandaid the issue, harder and harder compounds(as BRP).
In reality the bulk of this issue started back in the 900 days along with the onset of this wonder bar.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
is there a part number for a shop manual that covers the 850/axys.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Did you have your manuals redone to get
The spiral? The ones I have didn’t come that way. I really like the book like that. I would think and office supply place could do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Did you have your manuals redone to get
The spiral? The ones I have didn’t come that way. I really like the book like that. I would think and office supply place could do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“UPS Store” did them for me. It sure saves the manuals.
They don’t close up when you want to stay on page either.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You can move the engine into perfect alignment. It takes minimal machining of the rear mounts. There is a locating dowel pin and the 10mm bolt(10) hole that needs to be slotted. Mag slotted to the rear and PTO slotted forward. I do it on the mill. A shim at the front PTO mount and the last thing to do is the two front mag bulk head mount bolts. They will need a little Dremel work. Those two bulkhead bolts you leave out until you have alignment. You can accomplish this without removing the engine.

We are still working on a TRS alignment bar.(Thanks Jeff) Perfecting modifications to accommodate ES sleds.

picture.php

picture.php

a little leadin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The PTO mount needs both the locating pin and the bolt hole machined .100” toward the engine, the mag side needs both holes machined .120” away from the engine. Hope that makes sense. I’ll post pics of the process when I do the next sled.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hey thanks for taking the time to show the measurements and info on how to line up the clutches.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features