• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris 850 ECU update 4019752 explained!

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
I have two rides on my 2019 850 with the newest 2020.5 reflash. Total miles 3,300. Now the sled bogs / cuts out at about 4,900 rpm to 5,000 rpm. The sled now needs me to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start after riding it then letting it sit for 10 minutes +/-. Also when I do get it started it will not idle very well and will totally die until I give it a good rip. Never had any of these issues before this latest reflash.

The main reason I had the reflash done was with the hopes that they would have leaned it out a little. Other then those negative issues I don’t notice any positive difference. For me I wish I didn’t get the latest reflash done :-(

Does anyone know if I can go back one reflash with Polaris... as in the 2020 reflash that worked great, aside from the rich black smoke issue everyone has??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the dealer you can only flash the current flash. With Torque Link you can flash any Stock version and also Performance versions that will resolve many issues.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Was Polaris supposed to let owners know the re flash was available? Just curious as I learned about it here and have heard nothing from Polaris.

Based on the post above me I probably should keep things as is as knock on wood no issues with my 20’ with about 500 miles on it.

The dealer will only recommend flash if you come in experiencing issues.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Got the 2020.5 flash yesterday. Sled is a 19 and has had every flash and everyone has improved how it ran. My only reason to get it this time was to try and make the bottom end slightly leaner as I have been running hotter plugs than stock to get best performance. Also the sled has still been getting stained from the exhaust too much. Have not rode yet but it starts easier for sure and it idles smoother for sure. Hope to get one more ride in to get some data.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So I rode yesterday after cleaning all the smoke stains off my sled and also putting the stock spark plugs back in. The sled ran really good and I could not see any black streaks in the snow or did not even see any smoky haze when putting around. I am pleased and hope it stays that way in all conditions.

Premium Features