• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris 850 ECU update 4019752 explained!

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Let me know if you like this type of info!

*** Attention Polaris 850 Owners ***
Breakdown of what changed on the 2020 mid season update flash #4019752

This Tune is Live in the Torque Link system already.

Some of the major changes vs the 2020 flash-
1. P and Mil codes - 1 turned off
2. Break-in minimum RPM - lowered to 3500 vs 5500
3. EV Mid - opens to mid position sooner ie lower RPM in low TPS zones
4. Fuel EV closed - modified richer and leaner in spots
5. Idle fuel modified
6. Idle ignition modified
7. Startup fuel modified
8. Ignition EV closed - less advance at very low tps.
9. Knock Ignition retard limit lowered
10. Knock Fuel add limit increased
11. Oil Ratio - Much leaner oil ratio on decell

If you would like to see the exact changes they are available in the Torque Link Developer package for the Polaris 850.
Remember when the "online experts" start telling you what is in the flash you saw it here first.

Number 1 question so far-
Q Will the new update be faster?
A They should be identical output at full throttle. 2020 vs the 2020.5 update there is no EV open fueling changes here are the tables in comparison mode. 2020.5 vs 2020.

Attachments

• 850 20 update comp 4.JPG
    850 20 update comp 4.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 850 20 update comp 3.JPG
    850 20 update comp 3.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 850 20 update comp 2.JPG
    850 20 update comp 2.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 850 20 update comp 1.JPG
    850 20 update comp 1.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 155
S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I just did the Silber reflash. My sled felt rich in the mid range not a bog or hesitation just feels slightly sluggish transitioning from mid range to full throttle the Silber flash didn’t help. Is there anything in this new tune that might help that?

A
Mar 15, 2020
My 2020 850 Assault just got the new flash unfortunately our season of riding is done so wont be able to test, however just at idle and moving the sled off my trailer i noticed a big difference in less oil burning. Looking froward to riding it next season with this latest flash.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
My 2020 850 Assault just got the new flash unfortunately our season of riding is done so wont be able to test, however just at idle and moving the sled off my trailer i noticed a big difference in less oil burning. Looking froward to riding it next season with this latest flash.

This sounds promising! My 2019 850 runs VERY strong with the 2020 map, but noticed that it burns alot more oil than before, when idling and at low throttle it smokes so bad my eyes burns, looks ridiculous too..

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada

5. Idle fuel modified
7. Startup fuel modified

If you would like to see the exact changes they are available in the Torque Link Developer package for the Polaris 850.
Remember when the "online experts" start telling you what is in the flash you saw it here first.

A They should be identical output at full throttle. 2020 vs the 2020.5 update there is no EV open fueling changes here are the tables in comparison mode. 2020.5 vs 2020.

Absolutely love this type of info!!!
Thanks Joey...
Love my BMP munchie !!!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Has anyone tried this new flash, who has the rpm hanging up around 5000 rpm? Happens on deceleration.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I was able to test out this new tune a couple days ago. My 2020 never ran bad, but definitely burned some oil. On a full tank of fuel I think it would burn almost 2 quarts. New tune seemed to burn a noticeable less amount. I only put about 1 qt of oil for a full tank of fuel. It wasn't as much WOT due to being spring snow but it was less for sure. Also I could audibly hear the EVs cycling quicker as I chopped the throttle. Overall seemed to run nice and strong.

neden

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2016
Sweden
Has anyone tried this new flash, who has the rpm hanging up around 5000 rpm? Happens on deceleration.
Yeah, I've been having some hanging rpm on my 19 RMK..

I have only some shorter runs on the new tune the past two days. I haven't been able to reproduce the rpm hanging one single time. Still need some more time to evaluate this tune, but i would say this problem is fixed with this new tune. Finally!!

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm curious about whether the Polaris reflash will reset your breakin clock or if there's logic built in to account for that. Some kind of break in indication via the gauge would have been nice as well.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009

5. Idle fuel modified
7. Startup fuel modified

You are the man thanks!

Can you do a test making 2 simple changes to the 850 2020?

#1 oil
VES Extreme back to VES Gold
#2 Spark plugs.
BPR9ES to BPR8ES

I switched back to GOLD oil and bumped the heat range one size on my 2020 850 w/ base map. It flat rips now with those 2 changes. Scary fast!

Note the BPR9ES plug has a 10k ohm resistor. I think this is problematic when you combine the heavy oiling rate, colder “9” plug and VES extreme oil.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
I'm curious about whether the Polaris reflash will reset your breakin clock or if there's logic built in to account for that. Some kind of break in indication via the gauge would have been nice as well.

In torque link we can set with or without breakin timer active. During a polaris flash it should remain out of breakin if sled had already completed it.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
You are the man thanks!

Can you do a test making 2 simple changes to the 850 2020?

#1 oil
VES Extreme back to VES Gold
#2 Spark plugs.
BPR9ES to BPR8ES

I switched back to GOLD oil and bumped the heat range one size on my 2020 850 w/ base map. It flat rips now with those 2 changes. Scary fast!

Note the BPR9ES plug has a 10k ohm resistor. I think this is problematic when you combine the heavy oiling rate, colder “9” plug and VES extreme oil.

I am definitely going back VES next season... I hadn't considered a hotter plug but it makes sense. I don't feel like I use a ton of oil but I am definitely using it and I can tell the sled is oil rich and loaded up with oil when you are off the throttle. No DET issues for me so I am little leery of getting the updated flash.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
In torque link we can set with or without breakin timer active. During a polaris flash it should remain out of breakin if sled had already completed it.
after the new flash, will the computer calculate the amount of time above 3500 rpm and pull it out of break-in mode if there has been enough time above 3500, but not 5500?

B
Feb 17, 2019
I have two rides on my 2019 850 with the newest 2020.5 reflash. Total miles 3,300. Now the sled bogs / cuts out at about 4,900 rpm to 5,000 rpm. The sled now needs me to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start after riding it then letting it sit for 10 minutes +/-. Also when I do get it started it will not idle very well and will totally die until I give it a good rip. Never had any of these issues before this latest reflash.

The main reason I had the reflash done was with the hopes that they would have leaned it out a little. Other then those negative issues I don’t notice any positive difference. For me I wish I didn’t get the latest reflash done :-(

Does anyone know if I can go back one reflash with Polaris... as in the 2020 reflash that worked great, aside from the rich black smoke issue everyone has??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Was Polaris supposed to let owners know the re flash was available? Just curious as I learned about it here and have heard nothing from Polaris.

Based on the post above me I probably should keep things as is as knock on wood no issues with my 20’ with about 500 miles on it.

Premium Features