• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New guy dumb questions

P
Dec 15, 2018
I've brand new so go easy. I cant find a soec on the maximum weight a guy can put on his tunnel with gear? I see guys with gas cans and big bags and then I read the tunnels are super fragile. I have a short tunnel-141 but really need to carry stuff for my family. So just asking here thanks

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think they're all rated for 15lbs.

That said, u can put more, depends on ur riding.
Fast moguls will not be ur friend.

I wouldn't put 50lbs back there but 25lbs shouldn't be a concern for nice groomed trails.

Sent it

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Do some looking under the tunnel. It appears there are some additional support structure the closer to the seat and over the rear suspension mount but as you move back it gets fragile. I think guys have had good luck with getting a beefier factory bumper (longer for a hitch application) or aftermarket which helps reinforce the tunnel then they carry more weight with no major issue.

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
I have a 15’ pro RMK 155” stock and carry two pelican cases (one of tools and safety/emergency items and a second with drone and gopros) the two cases with items weighs 24.5lbs most of weight is near the seat. Have not had any issues tunnel looks brand new still.

Link to the tunnel bag system I created with photos to see the cases to give idea of weight and size. https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/lock-n-ride-tunnel-storage-solution.453646/

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
ive used the 3.3 gallon tank from mtn addiction along with another tunnel bag, so 25lbs in gas plus maybe five lbs in the bag. never had a problem on mtn sleds. wasnt doing big jumps or hard moguls but ride fairly agressive.

Premium Features