• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum format

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure, but I'm now seeing a mix of paid sledding ads and some that doo not seem applicable.
OK
I THINK the issue is that you are a Paid Premium Member who is NOT enrolled in the optional "No-Ads" feature.
LIFETIME members get this feature included.
But Premium Members have to OPT-IN to it.
It looks like all Premium Members MIGHT have been Temporarily opted IN here on the new forums while we were coding.
Yesterday we finished the coding and the "No-Ads" feature should have reverted back to working in the same manner as it had before on the old forum for the last 10 years.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Well I don't know anything about a "no-ads" feature.
How doo I opt in for that?
I don't recall having a bunch of ads before.
???
It sure seems like that would default to no ads for paid members. :rolleyes:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well I don't know anything about a "no-ads" feature.
How doo I opt in for that?
I don't recall having a bunch of ads before.
???
It sure seems like that would default to no ads for paid members. :rolleyes:
I AGREE with you 100%
But I am not permitted to offer that to all of our Premium Members, no matter how much I would like to!!
Did you see any ads on the old site before we upgraded??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After paying the max doos possible, and still have a Home Depot ad covering up posts.

100% OUR FAULT.
Please accept my apologies as we are working on that code still right now.
The Ads will VANISH and all that space they previously occupied will be restored to display forum content instead.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
How do I get my sno Tel sites pulled back up? When I go to settings the sight numbers are their but I cannot find where to view them. I liked the scrolling Sno Tel across the top on the old site.
I am getting to like the new format, I’m sure it was a ton of work.
Great job and thanks!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How do I get my sno Tel sites pulled back up? When I go to settings the sight numbers are their but I cannot find where to view them. I liked the scrolling Sno Tel across the top on the old site.
I am getting to like the new format, I’m sure it was a ton of work.
Great job and thanks!
Right now you don't.
That is on our current project TO DO list.
All of that has to be hand coded all over again to work in this new forum.
Hang in there, we're working on it.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Is there a way to get it to stop refreshing every few seconds in settings on my side? I get about half way down the page of new posts and it takes me back to the top. I am sure I have a setting wrong.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
The search function is a huge step backwards . .not being able to search just in the particular section im in really sucks .. having to go scroll through that little box and select the section i want to search is a pain .. dunno if there is any way to make that an option again to search just in the section we're already in ???. .basically put a search box back at the top of the posts again like it was before ...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The search function is a huge step backwards . .not being able to search just in the particular section im in really sucks .. having to go scroll through that little box and select the section i want to search is a pain .. dunno if there is any way to make that an option again to search just in the section we're already in ???. .basically put a search box back at the top of the posts again like it was before ...
There are TWO search Options and it sounds to me like you are only using the BASIC ONE.
Make sure you click on ADVANCED'
search.jpg

Premium Features