• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum format

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What are you all thinking of the new format? Honestly I like the old format, colors, scheme, post count, etc better. Not just cause Im just used to the old format. This layout is a lot like Back Country Rebels. Guess it is what it is now, but I can see user volume falling off...

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I agree this forum is not near as easy to navigate as before. I suppose I will eventually get used to it but don't like it at all. I doubt I spend near as much time on here as before. The browse all sections don't work, and it don't show where the new post are by highlighting or making bold like before. Everything on here just blends together. FYI to the person that designed this forum, if you put to much $hit in it and make it hard to use people will just give up and move on. My first impression is this forum layout is just that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Would it be asking too much to allow me a few weeks to keep working on it before you throw in the towel. There is still quite a bit of custom coding to be done before everything is working properly. We have just BARELY got this place operational at this point.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I'm very much a 'Stuck in my ways' type of person... but with this being the first radical change to the forum in 12 years, I think we gotta give it some time before passing judgement... I'm sure there will still be many refinements and formatting options still to come in the weeks and months ahead.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm very much a 'Stuck in my ways' type of person... but with this being the first radical change to the forum in 12 years, I think we gotta give it some time before passing judgement... I'm sure there will still be many refinements and formatting options still to come in the weeks and months ahead.

Your getting modern … change your alias to 04fordguy

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I can confirm the "remove" button works, assuming you're seeing a "like" on Marty's last post rather than a "wow." Anyway, I have my grumbles about it too, but I'll try not to complain too much until the mods have had time to tinker with it. I'm well on my way to curmudgeon status (no, I'm not actually that old yet), so it figures that I miss the old site at this point, but admittedly it was due for an update. I'll do my best to help by reporting any issues I find, and I'm sure the ".1" update will address a lot of things. If I could, the one big thing I'm hoping for is either a change in the background and text color scheme, or better yet, the ability to customize it (just checked the settings page; hopefully I'm not missing something on that).

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So far as I can tell, the DARK vs. LIGHT seems to be an AGE related issue.
The younger the rider, the more they seem to prefer the DARK.
The older the rider, the more they prefer the LIGHT.

In the end, its VERY easy for me to Flip the entire Site to either DARK or LIGHT.
But I am not sure there is a way YET for the member to be able to make that change on their own.
If that is possible, rest assured I will implement it!!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Honestly I love it, yes the new formatting is taking a second to get used to but overall its WAY more functional.

Its functioning a lot better and is easier to make more involved posts (formatting text etc) and better UI for posting more then just text. Taking a second to get used to it but overall VERY happy with it. I know projects like this suck @christopher but, its really cool to see them done.

Also, did i mention that tagging people is SUPER handy?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Honestly I love it, yes the new formatting is taking a second to get used to but overall its WAY more functional.

Its functioning a lot better and is easier to make more involved posts (formatting text etc) and better UI for posting more then just text. Taking a second to get used to it but overall VERY happy with it. I know projects like this suck @christopher but, its really cool to see them done.

Also, did i mention that tagging people is SUPER handy?

I can't begin to tell you just how much I APPRECIATE your kind words.:)
This has been 14 months of work JUST to get us to where we are today.
And there are still many months of work ahead of us to fully build out this place.

Premium Features