• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum format

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
There are TWO search Options and it sounds to me like you are only using the BASIC ONE.
Make sure you click on ADVANCED'
View attachment 334298
No..I mean using search IN the section I'm already reading on..not having to select anything else other than just typing in the search box whatever it is I'm searching for ...instead of having to scroll through that small box to select the section I'm already in..dunno if that's clear...search box that only searches the section I'm already in!...dont need 1200 options to sort through..if I'm in swap and in exhaust...I want to search in exhaust...not all of snowest...now i have to sort through all of snowest to select exhaust..see?

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
so after a little playing with this..it appears I can search just the forum I'm on by selecting "this forum" in the search box ..whatever forum I'm in . .. .genius . .

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
BTW - just to confirm - the ads are gone now.
Much more betterer!

Now if we could git yuhr sig banner fixed....

Will our scrolling avitars ever work here aggin?
Or has that feature been nixed?

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
The old forum had a "my forum" feature (that I loved) where all your subscribed forums would appear in one feed so you didn't have to click in & out to see what was new in each one. Is that still an option? (Maybe I just can't find it.) Thanks! -- Matt

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now if we could git yuhr sig banner fixed....

Will our scrolling avitars ever work here aggin?
Or has that feature been nixed?

Whats wrong with the SIG BANNER?

Animated Gifs as avatars should be working now.
DELETE your avitar and upload a new animated copy and see if it springs to life.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, I'll try that later.

You're not seeing the same banner (your sig) that I am?
The bottom 30% is missing.

???
Oh, I see, we need to "open up your sig" to see it all.
Oh bother ......

We are "TRYING" to find a balance in display space.
Some members are complaining that this forum layout is consuming more vertical space and requires more SCROLLING to move through than the old one did. So we are testing out possible solutions. Me personally, I rather LIKE the large signature blocks with all the info in them.

You are the first to give me the "Pooh" response "Oh-Bother"
I happen to agree with you myself!!

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Not a fan at all been trying it on an off just dont like it. That old forum format had been used for a long time on a lot of forums was easier to use i think.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not a fan at all been trying it on an off just dont like it. That old forum format had been used for a long time on a lot of forums was easier to use i think.
OK Freak.
Rather than talking in broad sweeping generalities.
Try to tell me something in SPECIFIC about this software that is inferior to the 10yr old software we running on the old obsolete forums.
Give me some hard concrete examples of what doesn't work well here.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
OK Freak.
Rather than talking in broad sweeping generalities.
Try to tell me something in SPECIFIC about this software that is inferior to the 10yr old software we running on the old obsolete forums.
Give me some hard concrete examples of what doesn't work well here.

Well, for my nickle, I could doo without most of the BS in the LH column.
Why doo I give a Schidt about who's had the most reactions in the last 7 days, or who was the last putz to post?

Those are two features that seem to have zero value, and clutter up the place.

???

Well, I just figgered out how to close that feature.
The funny bars in the ULH corner that seem to have no reason to be there - for anyone interested.
But you have to scroll ALL THE WAY to the top to get those funny lines.

This looks a LOT better now!

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Still learnin' some of the buttons yet (and forgett'n?) and I find that the third icon in from the left in the URH corner above the shoutbox (I really don't git that thing?) is "Banned Users". and once clicking on it, it brings up a list and seems to allow me to edit their ban status. I'm guessin' that _ that feature should only be available for Mods, and actually - I would think just someone with ADMIN status. I am a mod on a cpl of boards on another site (non-sledding) and I cannot imagine that I would ever need to see such a list - even if I put someone on it.

???

I did not try to actually toggle the status to see.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, for my nickle, I could doo without most of the BS in the LH column.
Why doo I give a Schidt about who's had the most reactions in the last 7 days, or who was the last putz to post?

Those are two features that seem to have zero value, and clutter up the place.

???

Well, I just figgered out how to close that feature.
The funny bars in the ULH corner that seem to have no reason to be there - for anyone interested.
But you have to scroll ALL THE WAY to the top to get those funny lines.

This looks a LOT better now!

HE HE HE
If you have been watching the left hand column over the last 6 weeks you have noticed that bit by bit its getting THINNER and THINNER on the content.
We have NOT been able to KILL off the last two components in there.
But we ARE working on it.
I AGREE with you 100%
There is NO VALUE to the "Most Reactions" and "Latest Posts".
But they are DEEPLY HARD CODED into the forum theme and its a BEAR to kill thus far.

But yes, YOU CAN TURN IT ALL OFF yourself.

Long term goal is to remove the column, and move the menu bar from the top left to the top center of the page.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Still learnin' some of the buttons yet (and forgett'n?) and I find that the third icon in from the left in the URH corner above the shoutbox (I really don't git that thing?) is "Banned Users". and once clicking on it, it brings up a list and seems to allow me to edit their ban status. I'm guessin' that _ that feature should only be available for Mods, and actually - I would think just someone with ADMIN status. I am a mod on a cpl of boards on another site (non-sledding) and I cannot imagine that I would ever need to see such a list - even if I put someone on it.
Looks like LIFETIME MEMBERS have a llittle more control over the SHOUTBOX than I realized.
Will go take a peek at the permissions.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Animated Gifs as avatars should be working now.
DELETE your avitar and upload a new animated copy and see if it springs to life.

Delete and upload where?
I kan't find a gateway to my "settings" page anywhere.
Likely lost amongst all the links to things that I don't need access to?

One disslike - I find this quote process VERY cheesy.
How on Earth someone found a way to over complicate such a simple thing ....

Not sure what was gained by the change?
Possibly the old not supported anymore for newer Opp Systems?
B/c from a users point of view - I'm not seeing any benefits at all, and Shirley not worth all the time and any $ that may have been invested.

???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
One disslike - I find this quote process VERY cheesy.
How on Earth someone found a way to over complicate such a simple thing ....
I just click on REPLY.
Seems to work pretty smoothly for me when you want to address a SINGLE comment.

The QUOTE option is designed to allow you to reply to multiple different comments in a single post.

Premium Features