• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New EDGE seats

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
Well I just got my new boss seat test fit on the sled today. Here are some pics of the storage, I know the website doesn't show much. All this storage is going to be great...now I don't have to buy a windshield bag!

kdk_0287.jpg

kdk_0270.jpg

kdk_0281.jpg

kdk_0282.jpg

I weighed it on the shipping scale 6.6 pounds that was in the plastic with velcro mounts, and warranty card. (No Box)

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
I sat on this WRP seat the other night and almost regreted ordering the boss. This WRP seat is really nice a little softer (just right) than the boss (the boss is really stiff and I'm 230) it sits I would guess about 2" above the boss )see pics seat is above gas cap) they had no info on weight. He said they try for a 50% improvment over stock. Its wider than the boss. has an more updated look. and comes with a led tail light under the seat. I think the material and construction is a little better. Bad thing is no storage. Either seat would be nice but I think I like the boss. The storage is really important to me and I know its not 6 pounds. WRP said retail was $470 for the Edge seat. Check it out nice the are a few options out there.

kdk_0081.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/boxster7614/kdk_0084.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/boxster7614/kdk_0083.jpg
kdk_0082.jpg

Sorry the flash pics it was dark out.
I did get a set of thier Tuff running boards!

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I like this bottom seat that you posted.. makes a lot of sense for that sled, but I do not like how open it is under it.. I dont like being able to see the wiring or the bolts for the gas tank on each side.. These things wouldnt prevent me from getting one, but it would be nice if at least the gas tank bolts were hidden for a cleaner look..

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Sorry but the open bottom does not cut it...total waist of storage space. And the exposed stuff looks tacky. :mad:
Make the same seat closed with a nice compartment back there and its a winner, but to have it open just to look like a "modern" seat...well....not good. The storage is really really nice on a boss type seat and more nice dry storage is a good thing. :p

Premium Features