• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New driveshaft.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
All tracks are driven by the nubs. Extroverts don't drive the track unless the track is loose and skips over the nubs.
That's not a great explanation but maybe it makes enough sense?
U don't want to drive in the window.

Sent it
Makes sense, although I've been reading that the new drivers are extroverts, seems that isnt true.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
So all slash chassis based sleds are literally a cooler with snowmobile parts attached? Pics of the chassis/cooler ect with...the tank.. I'll show you mine if anyone wants to show me the one we all wanna be on right now

Polaris must have some proprietary tech planned or going on that hasn't been fully explained or experienced yet. Let me cut to the chase, how much extra is the intercooler going to cost and if not oem will that void the warranty?

Damn I hope I find one in the wild...

e8dabb22686165b07fd85d54aaf5440f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Looks like 6 tooth drivers to me. That would mean 2.75 track.

Sent it
There is also a 146 x 2.6 that we have not seen and I can not order and it won't fit a 21 sba 650 before I get my 850 cause the tracks don't exist yet and if they do I have not seen it on the YouTubes, facenecks or dark interwebs...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
those are not really extroverts on that new shaft set-up and there is no anti-stab. those are definitely 6 tooth drivers.

that video was done at the dealer in Reno, NV. If I knew they had those sleds, I would have gone there today to have a look. I was at the dealer in Carson City only about 20 miles away.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Have you tried the drivers?
Did you not like how they work?

Or did you change your gender?
(That sort of thing is really popular in Oregon)
My point is the new drivers do not have the full radius support to the track like older drivers did. This would likely be causing vibration that TRS has mentioned. This vibration could be a possible source of fatigue to the end of the driveshaft causing failure.

s-l300.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
My point is the new drivers do not have the full radius support to the track like older drivers did. This would likely be causing vibration that TRS has mentioned. This vibration could be a possible source of fatigue to the end of the driveshaft causing failure.

I wasn’t aware TRS has ridden the 2022?

These drivers have the same non rounded profile as my avid drivers do.

I’m planning to ride one of the prototypes when it’s in Alaska. 3-15 through 4-12

Last edited:

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
It will be interesting to see after that ride. I agree on the vibration and fatigue. I would hope after all our R&D for Polaris on the 21s that the the vibration and racheting would be gone on the 22s. There is definitely way more contact area with the drivers to the track.

Last edited:

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
I gotta look at my Summit. They vibrate more than my 2.6 RMK ever did. Like volcano buster says....how would you stop vibration if there is nothing between the drive volutes of the intraverts....it's gotta vibrate, the driver ain't round???

I don't get it. Someone NEUTRAL needs to ride this thing.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I gotta look at my Summit. They vibrate more than my 2.6 RMK ever did. Like volcano buster says....how would you stop vibration if there is nothing between the drive volutes of the intraverts....it's gotta vibrate, the driver ain't round???

3.5pitch will vibrate. Even the Alpha with larger 7tooth drivers and 10" idlers, vibrates and makes a lot of noise.

Sent it

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I think if the drivers are round they will not grip the track.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Confirmed today, extroverts, new rails, and anti-stab wheels.
What’s the world coming too.

You can blame me :) I’m not a fan of the current design and have bitched about it incessantly. Maybe they did it to shut me up?

The current design does cause issues in certain snow and the 6 tooth has brought even more challenges even with fully clipped and properly adjusted tracks.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
You can blame me :) I’m not a fan of the current design and have bitched about it incessantly. Maybe they did it to shut me up?

The current design does cause issues in certain snow and the 6 tooth has brought even more challenges even with fully clipped and properly adjusted tracks.

Probably safe to assume they did internal testing and listened to sponsored riders / ambassadors.........

You don’t need to worry about any blame.......

Premium Features