• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Brunswick Riding Conditions

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
January 11th Update: 50cm's more on Jan 4,5,6 but rain in the forecast

So just a quick update. NB got pounded last weekend with 50cm's on Thurday/Friday. -20C and wicked wind made for bizarre conditions. 20cm's of firm snow on top thanks to wind/wet snow....and the meter below is absolute fluff. So if you broke through the top you sunk to the ground basically.

Next storm is tomorrow and Saturday, and looks like rain to me. I was out briefly today and the snow is wet spring type....fun....but it feels like rain is coming. Forecast says snow on the back side of storm but I'm skeptical.

If rain, then we will finally get a dense layer in there to work off of for balance of year......

Looks like deep freeze returns on Sunday and snow next Wednesday so will see how this all plays out.

OTM

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
January 28 Update: Lots of snow....epic crust

So trail riders are having a great time on our trails... I don't think I have ever seen so many sleds on tour.

The last storm came mostly as rain and left a heavy crust...around 3 inches of ice pellets compacted into a block. Off trail is simply too dangerous.

The good news is if we bury this in 30-60 cm's of February fluff, we will be able to ride everywhere. The best base we've had in years.

Gaspe avoided rain and has great conditions with 40cm's of freshy last Tuesday on top of a huge base.

Not much in the forecast now so will have to wait to see what comes our way.

OTM

Premium Features