• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New action camera.

T
Apr 11, 2021
London
Hi
For the summer I would like to buy a new action camera. The goal is to get nice cinematic shots. Unfortunately, the choice is quite generous and since I'm relatively new to this I don't know which one to buy. For me there are some currently on the shortlist:
- GoPro Hero 7 https://productz.com/en/gopro-hero7/p/yNgPG. I know there are new GoPro Models, but my budget is not that high.
- Insta 360, for me that looks interesting. 360 videos, 4K, and as accessories the 1-inch sensor. Looks a little fragile though.
- Sony RX0 II, looks quite professional. The marketing promises an extremely robust camera with a professional touch. Unfortunately, I can not find a good link with the specifications
Which one would you recommend when it comes to shooting cinematic videos?

W
May 10, 2021
Denver, CO
Which one did you get? I've heard great things about Insta 360. It looks relatively new. I like its specs and feature but I still have a doubt regarding its performance or even durability in extreme weather conditions.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I haven't decided yet, but the Osmo is looking pretty good for half the price of the hero.

Premium Features