• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I then asked:

When the new style gages come available will the be installed, or is there any kind of compensation for getting old style? Thanks Fred

This is the response I just got;

Good day Fred,

Thank you for reaching us back.

BRP is not offering any sort of Compensation from this process as it is a decision BRP was forced to do based on the Global disruption.

As of today, we have not been provided with an estimated date in which the supplies will be available and we hope it is resolved within the next year.
That was a NONE ANSWER...

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I think the turbos are getting the new gauge from last year. Non turbo sounds like they are getting the older style.

I think, if you have a functional snowmobile now, that is worth more than waiting for a gauge that is always covered in snow anyway. Yet not having a functioning snowmobile, as the snow is flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Stripe

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2010
Slick City, UT
Picked mine up today, 165 Expert Turbo, has the new gauge. Dealer told me the Summit X experts were getting the new ones and the Freeride's, Edges, SP's, were getting the old gauges until things caught up. Take that for what it's worth.....summit expert 4.jpg

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Expert package turbos have all the latest tech from skidoo and probably the most popular model sled I’m guessing for snowcheck, understandable that they are getting priority for new gauges. Skidoo has an interesting Q&A on their website about delays. Not much info but they are trying to increase production capacity and adding extra shifts at their facility to get sleds out the door.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I snowchecked an X. Not in yet. What is the advantage of a new gauge vs the old? I know the new one has two buttons and understand that makes it easier to use?

The Doo brochure shows most sleds have the compact gauge and a few have a larger gauge.

D70AB7CB-A47E-4F16-B5E2-3EF9350DEC01.png

Last edited:
J
Nov 20, 2021
Revelstoke
The gauge is probably the least important feature on a mountain sled. I sure hope I get my expert by the end of December , I’d happily forfeit the gauge rather than eat into the riding season any more

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Expert package turbos have all the latest tech from skidoo and probably the most popular model sled I’m guessing for snowcheck, understandable that they are getting priority for new gauges. Skidoo has an interesting Q&A on their website about delays. Not much info but they are trying to increase production capacity and adding extra shifts at their facility to get sleds out the door.
That is kinda what I was thinking yesterday. The Experts have the narrower front end, which next year will prolly lead into the newer chassis. Freeride really doesn't change much.

C
Mar 15, 2018
I contacted BRP yesterday and told them I was disappointed with the gage on my snow check and this was there response

Good day Fred,

Thank you for contacting BRP, I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Yes, as you know, we are facing a very difficult time with the supply disruptions.

At the moment, we are doing everything we can to try to prevent it. If your unit arrived with a different gauge, it would be the result of BRP wanting to be able to have your delivery completed for you to enjoy your unit as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, although we know it is not the ideal situation.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email or you can call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Kind regards,

Ivette
Customer Service Representative
rFFkCtcVFMIqunZMBx8TLDpodqREU-WP2pa0g_sijdSoYJd8nnzeuKRtJEV8WfvVrdPN5Z9oulnl0LpsBYDIW1pP-ml84YfvPYz42ElClIvS-ANTtZQrN6KPs49WW_NxFUZbpWOTwx0HvV4zSJ7YhOjYTQl07CAXXY4FaaWj=s0-d-e1-ft

I then asked:

When the new style gages come available will the be installed, or is there any kind of compensation for getting old style? Thanks Fred

This is the response I just got;

Good day Fred,

Thank you for reaching us back.

BRP is not offering any sort of Compensation from this process as it is a decision BRP was forced to do based on the Global disruption.

As of today, we have not been provided with an estimated date in which the supplies will be available and we hope it is resolved within the next year.
So if someone that snow checked a sled lost his/her job or was forced to take a pay cut due to the current "Global disruption", would BRP be OK if that customer said that they were going to pay $1000 less than the agreed on price because the lack of funds was due to the "Global disruption"??.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
new gauge has the belt tempstuff as well as the ability to adjust the percentage of power to the thumb heater, might have more but I can not think of what else.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
new gauge has the belt tempstuff as well as the ability to adjust the percentage of power to the thumb heater, might have more but I can not think of what else.
i have the old gauge which came with it's own manual and it shows both belt overload and belt overheat warnings can be displayed along with accompanying their beeps. couldn't find anything about thumb warmer percentage.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
that's what i figured or else brp would have said from the get-go in no uncertain terms that gauges will be replaced at some point.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The website now clearly states that you may not get what you ordered in the fine print. I would think that this would be a lawsuit nightmare for them, if people want to pursue it. 2 out of three of ours got the right gauge. Not sure how I feel about it. But happy we have sleds.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I got the old gauges 1 button on my lynx after all the promo videos and youtubers showed the new one. I'm guessing BRP will get sued and I'll get the new one in 5 years, or some $ lol. whatever it will be covered in snow anyway. When i was looking at the sleds at the dealer today when I picked mine up, they all had the old guages other than the one trail sled they had had the new one.

C
Mar 15, 2018
I am not happy about getting the old gauge but the alternative would be to tell BRP to hold the sled until they can provide the new gauge (assuming that they would do that) and that may not be until next year. I am a bit disappointed but not going to lose sleep over it. I am curious though, why can they get so many OLD gauges and can only get a few of the NEW gauges?. I am sure there is a good reason, just seems odd.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Yeah....the 2022 Summit X arrived with old gauge package. I don't care but I got the new glove box as well and the old gauge won't fit the new bezel. Going to see if I can try to figure something out .....maybe a chop job on the bezel that fits the old gauge can be made to work. I'll try to get pictures in the next day or so.

OTM

Premium Features