• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Whenever we [ick up the wife's sled i'll check and see what gauge it has, if it doesn't have the 2 button I will ask them about it and see what they have to say and hopefully they have the right answer.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
don't think that's the new glovebox assembly. that looks like the old gauge in a new freeride.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Ya thats factory dash and old guage, same set up I have on my 2020.5 turbo.... wan to see that dash installed in the "NEW" bezel with the glove box installed.....Thanks

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Talked to water world last week.They said they have about 20% of their snow checked sleds so far and most are missing the ECM.They also said that they are trickling in slowly.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Sorry, I am not familiar with either gauge. Other than one button on the old vs two on the new one, what is the difference?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Does this bag work with the lightweight hood with the older guage??

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Yes, different part numbers tho, this is the new gauge with the new trunk.

e9081555876bff7ea768f82b5a9791cf.jpg

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
Any word on sleds that got old gages? Will they be updated or get some type of comp?. New Freeride came in yesterday with old gages and not looking forward to pay full msrp and not get the new style. Especially since the Freerides are the most expensive mount sled.

D
Aug 26, 2021
Jackson, WY
Any word on sleds that got old gages? Will they be updated or get some type of comp?. New Freeride came in yesterday with old gages and not looking forward to pay full msrp and not get the new style. Especially since the Freerides are the most expensive mount sled.
I was honestly surprised by this move from BRP….putting the old gauge on SP’s and Edges I can understand. But the Freeride is not cheap…..

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
have the old gauge on my new freeride and i agree with these being the most expensive sled then they should have the new gauge. i asked my dealer and he thought we'd get proper gauges at some point but couldn't say for sure.

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
I contacted BRP yesterday and told them I was disappointed with the gage on my snow check and this was there response

Good day Fred,

Thank you for contacting BRP, I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Yes, as you know, we are facing a very difficult time with the supply disruptions.

At the moment, we are doing everything we can to try to prevent it. If your unit arrived with a different gauge, it would be the result of BRP wanting to be able to have your delivery completed for you to enjoy your unit as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, although we know it is not the ideal situation.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email or you can call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Kind regards,

Ivette
Customer Service Representative
rFFkCtcVFMIqunZMBx8TLDpodqREU-WP2pa0g_sijdSoYJd8nnzeuKRtJEV8WfvVrdPN5Z9oulnl0LpsBYDIW1pP-ml84YfvPYz42ElClIvS-ANTtZQrN6KPs49WW_NxFUZbpWOTwx0HvV4zSJ7YhOjYTQl07CAXXY4FaaWj=s0-d-e1-ft

I then asked:

When the new style gages come available will the be installed, or is there any kind of compensation for getting old style? Thanks Fred

This is the response I just got;

Good day Fred,

Thank you for reaching us back.

BRP is not offering any sort of Compensation from this process as it is a decision BRP was forced to do based on the Global disruption.

As of today, we have not been provided with an estimated date in which the supplies will be available and we hope it is resolved within the next year.

Premium Features