• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Getting more and more reports that BRP is delivering 2022 Sleds with the OLDER GAUGES installed on them.
Having a very hard time getting a straight answer on IF or WHEN we will be getting the NEWER 2022 Gauge Clusters???

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Do you think they will actually upgrade the old gauge cluster to the new style after they sell it to us?Maybe they will offer some kind of monetary retribution.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
One thing didnt really like about old Guage was how small it was, Cause really like my bigger guagecon my Xm Summit. Couldn't understand why the made Gen4 guage so small when all other makes had bigger guages and some with GPS, Bluetooth etc..
I was glad when I finaly was able to order a new sled it would finaly had a little bigger Guage.

I'd take it with an older one but would hope it be upgraded like it was supposed to have.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Give me the old gauge and the 4th year of warranty you use to get when you snow checked. I would be happy with that.
That would be a reasonable substitute.
But I am HOPING they will be shipping the UPDATED GAUGES later in 2022...

But I am looking for a formal corporate COMMITMENT to that happening.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Was at my dealer last night assembling my 2022 154" Summit 600R SP and it came with the old gauge, but the gauge was not bolted on, it was packed separately with an adapter cable and fasterners in the crate.
I sort of remembered that it should have the newer gauge but wasn't sure since it's a SP. Hopefully I'll get the newer one later.

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
Never been around a gen4 so I don't know which is the old style and which is new style.

Going back and looking at the release on snowest here everything shows the 4.5 gage for summit x, freerides and experts unless I missed something.

D
Oct 18, 2019
I guess if it’s a choice between old gauge or no sled, I’ll sacrifice the old one… however I’d like to see some compensation or the chance to get the new one once it becomes available?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Post number two shows two new gauges, the summit gauge is on the right the trail sled gauge or renagade gauge is on the left. Third post Shows a small single button calculator screen looking gauge is the old Summit gauge.
Some guys will get the new summit gauge, some will get the old. I have seen this with my own eyes already.

I hope everyone get the new gauge at one point. I really like it on my 2021. I have control of functions that needed a BUDDS tool before, like having the ability to change the thumb warmer intensity ratio.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have the two button small on my 21 Freeride, just checked. That is the one that we are supposed to get. I don't honestly remember having a single button, but I must have if they came on Summits. We opened gauge kits at the dealer, they had the 2 button newer gauges.

Premium Features