• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Here is my 2021 sled with the new hood storage bag and the new gauge. I like the new bag BTW, the design gets rid of the horrible dish in the hood that held snow, and it has a spot for the USB accessory.
Second pic is a 2022 with a old gauge.
Now rumour has it, all sleds shipped now will be complete, except the DESS security chip. Only the Expert sleds, supposedly will have the new summit gauge.
Don’t take this as gospel, I’m trying to help.
59a54fa649a33bec4dc183b14640cfc9.jpg

987b89dcd5dd813e25f4cbe91184dc9d.jpg

Last edited:

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i agree on the new bag being an improvement. it has more storage and the pocket on the inside of the lid is great for a phone. mine is like yours in that it's for the new gauge which means i'll be getting the older gauge i'm sure. wonder how BRP is going to deal with that unless it can fit both?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have the two button small on my 21 Freeride, just checked. That is the one that we are supposed to get. I don't honestly remember having a single button, but I must have if they came on Summits. We opened gauge kits at the dealer, they had the 2 button newer gauges.
I actually didn't check the SP gauge box. I can do that tomorrow. I REALLY don't remember a single button gauge in the past. Dealer got 16 more gauges in today. SP gauges. But it makes sense. My Freeride snowcheck and Karhter's SP snowcheck have been here for three months. Along with a PILE of SP in seasons and I would guess a couple more checks. It looks like the ratio of SP gauges vs Expert/Freeride gauges are about right. And a new shipment of sleds left Canadiaplace today. Supposedly complete. Looking good boys!!!!!

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
So how much more HP does the new gauge give you over the "old" gauge?

...a LOT of bitchin' and moanin' going on over nothing.

Ace
I think it’s good that we are talking about this because we ordered sleds with upgraded gauges. It would be like ordering a hamburger with bacon and them bringing you a burger with Canadian bacon and them telling you just to eat it and be happy. It wouldn’t be bad, but it is still not what I ordered. With that being said I would rather have the sled with the old gauge then no sled or waiting till January. I would still want the new gauge at some point if it came with the old one. Just my thoughts.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I probably missed it, but other than 1 button for old and 2 button for new, are there other changes?

Were the X’s supposed to get the new gauge when snow checked?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have NO problem with accepting the new sled with the OLD GAUGE.
BUT.
If I paid full price for the NEW TECHNOLOGY, then I would like a CONFIRMATION that the newer updated gauge WILL eventually be sent to be installed in my new 2022 sled.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have NO problem with accepting the new sled with the OLD GAUGE.
BUT.
If I paid full price for the NEW TECHNOLOGY, then I would like a CONFIRMATION that the newer updated gauge WILL eventually be sent to be installed in my new 2022 sled.
EXACTLY. The two button has some pretty cool features that were only accessible previously through BUDDS.
We will eventually get what we ordered.

C
Mar 15, 2018
So how much more HP does the new gauge give you over the "old" gauge?

...a LOT of bitchin' and moanin' going on over nothing.

Ace
The question is, "How much less will you get for your 2022 sled when you sell if it has the older gauges?". Personally,. as far as a "gauge" goes, I don't think I care. The only time I look at it (while riding) is when determining my clutch setting. Otherwise, I look at the fuel level and occasionally the heat settings for the grips/thumb but that is only when stopped so the size of the screen doesn't matter much to me. However, if the time comes to sell it, if it has older gauges that would be a bargaining point for the buyer that I shoul;dn';t have to contend with because I paid for the newer cluster. I personally think the BRP will replace the gauges when they can if we recieve our machine with old style and, if so, I give BRP full marks for getting us our machines as early as possible (with older available gauges) rather than making us wait for the new gauges to come available.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The question is, "How much less will you get for your 2022 sled when you sell if it has the older gauges?". Personally,. as far as a "gauge" goes, I don't think I care. The only time I look at it (while riding) is when determining my clutch setting. Otherwise, I look at the fuel level and occasionally the heat settings for the grips/thumb but that is only when stopped so the size of the screen doesn't matter much to me. However, if the time comes to sell it, if it has older gauges that would be a bargaining point for the buyer that I shoul;dn';t have to contend with because I paid for the newer cluster. I personally think the BRP will replace the gauges when they can if we recieve our machine with old style and, if so, I give BRP full marks for getting us our machines as early as possible (with older available gauges) rather than making us wait for the new gauges to come available.
seems fair that we should get what we paid for.

C
Mar 15, 2018
seems fair that we should get what we paid for.
Agreed. When picking up a new sled, if it has the old style gauges, the dealer should be asked if they will be changed out for the proper ones when they come available. If they say "yes", get it in writing and be happy that BRP is doing their best to get us on the snow ASAP. If they say "no", then you can decide whether to take it as is or tell your dealer to keep it and call you when it has all the parts as ordered.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Be nice to get a bit discount on sled since it not optioned with new cool stuff, and had old style parts.
Hope gets 22 Guage eventually

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Agreed.
If we do end up taking delivery of sleds that are not exactly what we ordered, and there is no plan to replace the missing components at some point in the NEAR future, then a credit really is in order.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I have a feeling a warranty campaign will be issued for guys that got the old gauge, same as the DESS. This is only a gut feeling with no info to back it up, here is to hoping.

Premium Features