• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2020 Ski-Doo Summit Expert Accessory Snowflap

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Hey Dave, love the accessory snow flap. Does that mean you have to change the shorty flap as well, or does it come from the factory with the two holes in it already? Thanks

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Dave, so is it correct in assuming that with the shorter tunnel/flap there may be over heating issues on the trails to the riding areas that didn't occur before? That basically these may be really needed? Rarely did I incur hearing issues with my 14 per 17 so curious if this is more needed or just an accessory needed in areas with longer trails than what I generally ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Doesn't the little snow flap kind of defeat the purpose of having a shorter tunnel?

It seems like the aluminium was cut off and just replaced with a plastic section.

Maybe it's still shorter overall?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, so is it correct in assuming that with the shorter tunnel/flap there may be over heating issues on the trails to the riding areas that didn't occur before? That basically these may be really needed? Rarely did I incur hearing issues with my 14 per 17 so curious if this is more needed or just an accessory needed in areas with longer trails than what I generally ride.

Yes in my experience, the Expert cools very well in fact it was better than 2017-19 summits we had in our group. However since people were concerned, we made an accessory longer snowflap for it for people who do ride in a fair ways and might be in more ice than others....I ride an area where it can get icy lower down that it is impossible to drive up to snow and then the whoops which the groomer can not get down far enough cant get so it is low icy snow and bumps which cause lower speed which is a condition that any sled will get hotter faster, this will help in that on those rare occasions and it is also better to run your sled cooler than hotter so this longer flap will help with that also in some conditions. cheers dave

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Doesn't the little snow flap kind of defeat the purpose of having a shorter tunnel?

It seems like the aluminium was cut off and just replaced with a plastic section.

Maybe it's still shorter overall?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Nope it is a brand new tunnel. The aluminum could not "just be cut off" and is not, the snow flap on the expert is plyable to so it does not interfere with the characteristics of the shorter tunnel. You might have to see it in person to understand it better so hope you get the cahnce soon to do that, cheers dave

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Great idea, but why not utilize Linq attachments so it can be stowed easily when not it use. Or did I just miss it in the video?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Great idea, but why not utilize Linq attachments so it can be stowed easily when not it use. Or did I just miss it in the video?

I believe I read that it can be stored on the Linq attachments on the waterproof tunnel bag.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hmmm, so have to buy the bag to attach the flap? Hoping to not even need the thing as Norona stated it cools better than the 17s 18s and 19s

Never said it cools better. It will be different in many different scenarios, I will have one for the days I need the longer flap, however most days I will not need it, it dpendins on where you ride, trail conditions etc.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Never said it cools better. It will be different in many different scenarios, I will have one for the days I need the longer flap, however most days I will not need it, it dpendins on where you ride, trail conditions etc.
Maybe I misread but you stated " cools very well, better than the others in the group". Where I mainly ride I rarely, and I mean rarely, had any heating issues with my 14 or 17 that burned up last year, no not on the trail lol. I figure if not trouble before I shouldn't now. Is that wrong? I fully understand that in other locations things may be different.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Maybe I misread but you stated " cools very well, better than the others in the group". Where I mainly ride I rarely, and I mean rarely, had any heating issues with my 14 or 17 that burned up last year, no not on the trail lol. I figure if not trouble before I shouldn't now. Is that wrong? I fully understand that in other locations things may be different.

I'm sure I seen a video of him last year riding on rocks saying cooling will not be an issue.. lol

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Can you mount that Xpert short snow flap on a regular G4 summit ?

Premium Features