• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2018 Timbersled ARO ST 120- TSS or Not?

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
I’m about to pick up a holdover ‘18 ARO ST 120. It is a good deal, and there is an LE available for $1,600 more.

My question: should I get the standard and buy the TSS kit, or get the LE and get a fixed (non-TSS). If there is a reason to stay away from these two 2018 options I’m interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks and excited to enter into the world of snowbikes. Going on my 2019 Husky FE 501.
72d030e04b482e0c6ece8a774756a2d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I’m about to pick up a holdover ‘18 ARO ST 120. It is a good deal, and there is an LE available for $1,600 more.

My question: should I get the standard and buy the TSS kit, or get the LE and get a fixed (non-TSS). If there is a reason to stay away from these two 2018 options I’m interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks and excited to enter into the world of snowbikes. Going on my 2019 Husky FE 501.
72d030e04b482e0c6ece8a774756a2d4.jpg

If money is no issue, nothing wrong with the kit with the updated shocks. One of my friends is riding the same setup. He has ditched the TSS and gone to solid strut. In a year he never touched the adjustable shocks...he should have. If money and performance is a factor, better place to spend your money, you need air box mods, engine wrap.......more than you think, insulated skid pan, go to the ARO chain mod section and add hp to track and reduce vibration and regear which cost $$, but you will wooop on anybody running stock ARO with just a few mods with the less expensive kit.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
If money is no issue, nothing wrong with the kit with the updated shocks. One of my friends is riding the same setup. He has ditched the TSS and gone to solid strut. In a year he never touched the adjustable shocks...he should have. If money and performance is a factor, better place to spend your money, you need air box mods, engine wrap.......more than you think, insulated skid pan, go to the ARO chain mod section and add hp to track and reduce vibration and regear which cost $$, but you will wooop on anybody running stock ARO with just a few mods with the less expensive kit.

Thanks for the good tips. I have been searching but can’t find anything on the ARO chain mod. Could you provide a thread title or link?

I always look to improve strength and lower rotational weight. I’ll be snagging the basic version with the fixed kit. Vortex, end cap, de-smog are all going on in the next week or two. With the Rekluse, oversized tank, seat concepts and rack I feel like I have a good start towards the snowbike build.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I had the upgraded shocks on my MH and literally never used them. I think with the Riot its worth it to lock out the back but my base 18 aro is great. Far as TSS. I used to have one and sold it. Not going back. Maybe if i did massive drops or ran rough roads all the time but i feel like it takes a lot of play-fullness and snap out of the bike. Just my opinion. I am unaware of any changes to the 18-20 aro's so if you found a deal id buy it.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
I had the upgraded shocks on my MH and literally never used them. I think with the Riot its worth it to lock out the back but my base 18 aro is great. Far as TSS. I used to have one and sold it. Not going back. Maybe if i did massive drops or ran rough roads all the time but i feel like it takes a lot of play-fullness and snap out of the bike. Just my opinion. I am unaware of any changes to the 18-20 aro's so if you found a deal id buy it.

Picking it up Tuesday. $2,999 new. Thanks for all the tips. It doesn’t sound like I need to fork over the extra for the TSS or upgraded LE suspension. I’ll spend the savings on extra mods to make the bike go and track hook up better.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Thanks for the good tips. I have been searching but can’t find anything on the ARO chain mod. Could you provide a thread title or link?

I always look to improve strength and lower rotational weight. I’ll be snagging the basic version with the fixed kit. Vortex, end cap, de-smog are all going on in the next week or two. With the Rekluse, oversized tank, seat concepts and rack I feel like I have a good start towards the snowbike build.

I went back and found one that I posted pictures etc on, its called " ARO CHAIN CASE WEAR AFTER 2 YEARS " got to go back a couple of season. I can't get a search on here work for XXit, give it a try.

chai

Premium Features