• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need track advice! More durable? Power Claw or Challenger Extreme?

Which track will last me longer?

• Power Claw 2.25

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Challenger Extreme 2.5

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
R
Dec 22, 2020
Has anybody used both of these tracks? Power Claw 2.25 vs Challenger Extreme 2.5. Mainly off trail riding. 2016 Yamaha Viper MTX 141. Backcountry Canadian Shield, some mountain stuff. My Power Claw needs replacing because sometimes we spin track on rock! Lol small lugs on edges have broken off in spots. Which track will last longer? Will the Power Claw spin faster with smaller lugs? Is one louder than the other?Appreciate any advice anybody can provide. Big decision! Thanks!

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
IMO, They are both good durable tracks. I have used both, but not on the same sled. The Power Claw gets on top of the snow better. The Extreme trenches more but bites in setup snow and stops downhill better.
The Power Claw is defiantly lighter.
I would go for the extreme, unless you ride in powder most of the time. Extreme is a great all around track. There are two different extreme tracks, one with the saw edge teeth on the top of the paddle and one with no teeth. I'm talking about the one with the saw teeth.

R
Dec 22, 2020
IMO, They are both good durable tracks. I have used both, but not on the same sled. The Power Claw gets on top of the snow better. The Extreme trenches more but bites in setup snow and stops downhill better.
The Power Claw is defiantly lighter.
I would go for the extreme, unless you ride in powder most of the time. Extreme is a great all around track. There are two different extreme tracks, one with the saw edge teeth on the top of the paddle and one with no teeth. I'm talking about the one with the saw teeth.
Fantastic info, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Great points...10 lbs extra weight for the Challenger Extreme is definitely something to consider.
If anybody else has some more opinions I would be glad to hear more input.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I have used both and on same for same sled and I thought the Powerclaw outperformed the Extreme in most conditions and was even more durable. Rocks ruin any track but noticed the Powerclaw's paddles would look ragged but still be there where the extreme would lose full paddles.

R
Dec 22, 2020
I have used both and on same for same sled and I thought the Powerclaw outperformed the Extreme in most conditions and was even more durable. Rocks ruin any track but noticed the Powerclaw's paddles would look ragged but still be there where the extreme would lose full paddles.
Thank you! Another vote for the Power Claw.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The 2.6 powerclaw tracks get better traction than the 2.25 and are pretty tough too. Less spinning might actually result in fewer damaged paddles. Something to consider.

R
Dec 22, 2020
Thanks a lot guys! I ended up ordering a 2.25 Powerclaw from Tracks USA yesterday. A new take off. Track removed from a new sled. $100 cheaper than one of their new ones. Seems like good folks there, second track ordered from them.
Spoke to one dealer who had just talked to Camso. Apparently tracks are going up by 75% soon! Ouch! So if you need one, get it now. Worldwide snowmobile track shortage right now apparently.

Premium Features