• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need to replace a 174 track .... which route should I go?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Interested to see how you like the skid in the lower hole and the longer front shock. Been thinking about doing that on my 850 174

Its cheap and it helps a little, but it's still a 174. I've actually been running like that since last season. I'll let ya know if the Raptor Khaos mods help. With that said, if I had it to do over again I'd assuredly put an anti-stab kit on it, I think I may have hosed myself by not doing that.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well .... guess I'm not going to be able to give anyone any feedback on the CE2.5 being the right track for awhile. Looks like the sled may get totaled out =/

IMG_1922.JPGIMG_1923.JPG

Last edited:

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i've bent mine right there a few times , i just flattened out with a hammer . is it bent anywhere else besides that bottom lip?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Yeah, I can't tell if the flange for the bearing retainer is warped, or if it's just that lip that's folded back. If the flange and front of the tunnel are all warped, then it could be totaled (not that I'm the one to ask what's an acceptable tweak and what's bad bad). I'd take a straight-edge and see if there's any significant warping or buckling. If not, I'd just work that lip back down with a hammer and punch and run it...

Premium Features