• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some Christmas help

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
What to buy the wife of 23 years for Christmas??? I mean we are at a point in life if we want something (within reason) we go and get it. I asked Janet what she wants and she talks practical things... new coffee maker, vacuum, new heated blanket... you get the idea boring stuff.

Janet describes herself as "built for comfort not for speed":face-icon-small-sho and terrain racing is nothing more than a growing distant memory.

She snowmobiles and also rides her dual sport motorcycle on super long two week adventures (this coming year it is either try again for Inuvik or back country road going down in Utah and coming back in Colorado)... but she is also in to crafts, sews, and our grandkids. Bud light over the best wine:wine: is her favorite beverage, her best clothes are usually jeans... she is a RN and since she is in a procedure room all day she wears scrubs and no make up (like she says the drugs she gives the patient, they would not remember her anyway). She can skin a deer and cook it up for you in the evening.

Not big on jewelry (however I have had some hits in the past on that... keepsake heart with grand kids pictures and a unique single gold change with this green looking rock on it (I don't remember!)

Ladies... any ideas?:rose:

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
A GoPro!!!
Sounds like she is always on adventures and the best way that I capture my memories is through my GoPro Hero2.
The Hero3's are great cameras and the latest n greatest thing out there!
They can go through any conditions as well! Rain, snow, wind, etc....

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
I think the Go Pro is a great idea!

Your wife sounds a lot like me and I can personally say that none of the guys I have ever dated thought of jewelry when they thought of me so a tasteful piece no matter how simple might be nice as well. I know I would get my socks knocked off with some simple pearl or diamond stud earrings that would go well with my jeans, or even a unique ring.

I LOVE my jeans so I am always asking for new cute jeans! With the average price of jeans being over $80 these days you couldn't go wrong with a new pair or two ;)

For those of us gals that don't take enough time to ourselves a nice spa certificate would be nice. After a weekend of hard riding a massage is always nice!

I

IdahoCrystal

Sep 5, 2008
Gem State
The other ideas are great.
Sounds like she's good at taking care of others and she's very independent.
Maybe 12 "coupons"- 1 for each month
Spa day, fancy night out w/dancing in her new jeans, a lazy do-nothing day with a new book, a vehicle detail, girls night in/out with you supplying the party favors, breakfast in bed with flowers, housecleaning service... You get the idea - special, thoughtful and affordable all year.
= >

Tablet / tapatalk

Vics Action Shots

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2013
Indiana
www.VicsActionShots.com
thanks ladies... liking the 12 gifts for the year... any other ideas?
One of the 12 coupons, manicure / pedicure. Especially the month she is taking a vacation.
A set of three new glove pairs, snowmobile, motorcycle and some leather gloves to match her favorite coat.
You have got yourself a real catch! It is thoughtful of you to seek out a great surprise.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
One of the 12 coupons, manicure / pedicure. Especially the month she is taking a vacation.
A set of three new glove pairs, snowmobile, motorcycle and some leather gloves to match her favorite coat.
You have got yourself a real catch! It is thoughtful of you to seek out a great surprise.

yes I do... I am laughing re the coat as her favorite coat is Carhart... re the vacation... it is two weeks of back dirt roads in Northern Canada on dual sport motorcycles... either mud or dust... every third day is motel to shower up...like this one in Northern BC two years ago

Last edited:
Premium Features