• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Need rear track shock polaris

Apr 21, 2019
I am rebuilding 1998 Polaris XLT SP 600 with XTRA 10 121" style suspension. I just noticed the rear track shock shaft was broken from upper mount and a chunk is missing from center of shaft. It is a Ryde AFX adjustable compression shock OEM # 7041694 and cannot find one online. I cant measure the total extended length because chunk missing to order a replacement. Is there somewhere that sells aftermarket that would fit this sled or does anyone know the dimensions of this particular shock? Or am I going to have to try and salvage a used one somewhere?
Thanks- Shane<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
About the only new replacements being made for those are cheap standard types (good chance nobody even makes a gas shock, let alone rebuildable). That said, if you're just looking for something functional, sources like Dennis Kirk or MFG Supply can probably help you. If you're looking for a quality shock, then you'll just have to keep searching eBay and maybe call around to some parts houses (like Al's Snowmobile).

What condition exactly is your shock in? As I understand it, the shaft is broken and the top mount is missing. If that's the case but the body of the shock is still in good shape, it may be fixable. I'd bet if you dig deep enough, you can find a shock guy who has the top mount sitting around, and shafts are usually common sizes and can be fabricated for most shocks. Unfortunately, there's a good chance you'll lose the adjuster. I was able to get my rear track shock rebuilt with a new shaft (a RydeFX double-adjustable shock, and the parts weren't cheap), but had to stick with the original shafts despite some pitting on the ski shocks because only solid replacement shafts are available. The guy who worked on them is Jerry Butler (JBShocks.com) – I've talked to him on the phone, and he's pretty helpful, so try giving him a call.

Nov 21, 2019
Ebay seller andreefam has quite a few XLT suspension shocks. They post the eye to eye length. You may end up having to just 'spitball' it to get it right. They might also know if you were to ask them. They are a really good bunch of people. Don't know them - just helping put their kids through college every time I visit their store.

Premium Features