• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with rmk 800!

R
Feb 8, 2015
Alright. Theres no other way to put it, my 2000 rmk800 doesnt turn worth sh*t. Definitely not on hardpack, not in powder, nowhere. Can I fix this?

Also, it doesnt run that good. Could someone tell me what jets I need for my 2000 rmk 800 with a Mbrp race can? Please help! I have a ride this weekend!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Just jet as per stock jetting chart for altitude and temperature and fine tune from there. Quote from MBRP website
When developing a silencer, we use stock brake specifics meaning that we do not alter your stock jetting or clutching to gain the performance that we do. We have found that riding at extreme elevations and temperatures may warrant a jet or clutch change. It is important to us that you remain as dependable and reliable as stock with our silencer.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
doesnt turn worth a shiat either means it pushes the skis, or it feels so heavy you cant turn the bars, right?
lengthening or loosening your front limiter straps on the front of the skidframe will have the biggest effect on that.
unless your skis are toast or alignment is whacked.

im gonna go out on a limb here and guess you just need to suck those limiters down a couple notches..

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Check that clutches are aligned and parallel. Check motor mounts to make sure one is not loose or broke. Check compression.install the SLP torque stop. Check read petals.and throw in some fresh plugs.lower the needles one spot.Grease the heck out of it and make sure all your bearings are in good working order.make sure choke is working properly

Last edited:
Premium Features