• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help with Heat Exchanger replacement

K
Apr 27, 2010
So I'm working on my wife's xf6000 trying to replace her broken heat exchanger. I got the old one out by twisting and pulling, but don't want to wreck the new one. I attached some photos to try and explain. But how do you g,et it back in? The gear drive axle bearing housing is in the way not letting me get it straight in. Is there a better way to get it back in? Or do I need to take this off as well. The sled is almost down to nothing left. What a project. Hoping I can get it all back together.

Thanks in advance guys!\

Korey

download.png download (1).png

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I agree pics are too small to really tell much of what's going on. The XF is a Proclimb chassis and I think that's what I can see in the pictures too. When I changed my proclimb cooler out I had the chain case out of the sled as well.

K
Apr 27, 2010
Hey guys. Sorry I didn’t reply. Not sure why those pics went so small. Weird. Either way I got it back in with some grease and an extra set of hands. Hey boondocker. If you have done this before I might have some questions for you. I’ll reply to you if I run into more issues if that’s okay? I got the tcl back on and most of the rivets. Now to put the clutch back on and then the gear case. Any advice that you ran into?

korey

K
Apr 27, 2010
I agree pics are too small to really tell much of what's going on. The XF is a Proclimb chassis and I think that's what I can see in the pictures too. When I changed my proclimb cooler out I had the chain case out of the sled as well.
Question for you. When putti NT the clutch back on did you use blue lock tite at all? And just thread it back on with bolt when done cleaning it?

korey

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Make sure to put blue loctite on the bolt holding the secondary on, but not the bolt for the primary.

Getting the snap rings on the track shaft can be tough with just one person. The tunnel springs outward on each side and you have to push in on the shaft while someone else gets the last snap ring put on either the brake or gear side. One person can do it if you have long sliding clamp to pull the sides of the tunnel together.

K
Apr 27, 2010
Make sure to put blue loctite on the bolt holding the secondary on, but not the bolt for the primary.

Getting the snap rings on the track shaft can be tough with just one person. The tunnel springs outward on each side and you have to push in on the shaft while someone else gets the last snap ring put on either the brake or gear side. One person can do it if you have long sliding clamp to pull the sides of the tunnel together.
Awesome boondocker! I really appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Premium Features