• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with creating a warming hut.

Ranzou

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2013
The One Track Mind Snowmobile Association in Foresthe hill, California has been approached by a representative from the Forest Service regarding creating a Warming Hut for the China Wall OHV trail system. This is simply in the concept stage currently.

As a club member, I have been tasked with doing research on how to create the warming hut. I am not finding any useful information on the Internet. One of the things the Forest Service Representative strongly emphasized is reducing impact on the land. He even suggested putting it on a mobile trailer.

I was hoping somebody here would have some experience or information that would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
What season will the hut be used?

What size are you interested in?

Will it have a source of heat?

Will it have a source of light?

Will it be enclosed, or 3 sided?

If on wheels/skids, how will you move it and when?

Where will it be stored in the off season (when ever that is)?

What materials have the USFS approved (fire resistant)?

Will this be a multi-user structure, skiers, snowmobilers, snow-shoes, ATV, hunters, mountain bike, hikers, sasquatch?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
You can contact Hobart Welding and Building Systems near Hill City, SD Phone no. 605-574-2155. They have built several warming shelters used on the Black Hills Snowmobile Trails System. They are approved by the local FS office. They are metal construction set up on skids so they either can be winched onto a flatbed or pulled behind a sno-cat We heat them with wood stoves and we have modified them with foam insulation. They are approx 8X12.

Premium Features