• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help!! Trying to put Extrovert Drivers on my 2002 800 Mountain Cat

A
Feb 23, 2008
I installed the ski doo extrovert drivers, and when I put in the suspension with the shocks removed to cycle it and check clearances, the tips of the rails hit the drivers when the rear is pulled all the way down. I knew I may have to trim the rails, but how do you go about doing this? There is not much there to work with, and do I need the plastic rail caps on the end? Has anybody done this mod before? Oh, and I have the suspension set up short track style with the rear arms moved forward to the next set of holes. Please, if anyone has done this lend me some advice. Thanks.

W

woodies

yes to needing caps,how much are you needing i got shorter caps from dealer worked on mine. you need more cut off rail trim aluminum redrill hole

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
When I cut my rails for extros on my 01 MC, I cut them back to the front hole where the extra cross brace mounts. You'll notice that there are 2 cross braces up front, I used the front crossbrace hole for the "new" rail tip mounting holes. Has worked fine so far, I have a few hundred miles on it so far.

B
Nov 26, 2007
my old man has a 02 800 151x16 and he Put on Whal Bros Verts on his. never had a Problem. Dropped a tooth on the drivers. never Hit anything. Just had to Trim the track so it wouldent rub.

My bad just thought of it. He Put King Cat Tips on the rails.

Last edited:
Premium Features