• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help! Replacement for a Rear track shock?

H
Dec 5, 2011
Enumclaw, WA
Hey guys, I need some input. I have a 2015 Polaris Pro RMK 800 w/155 track. I stripped the threads that the shaft on the rear track shock screws into. A new shock from Polaris runs $500. Is there a different brand that runs cheaper and is comparable in performance? Do I buy a used one off EBAY? If so, can I trust a used shock? Can I rethread the old part? Or is my wife going to kill me, because I have to buy a 500 dollar part? Thanks

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Hey guys, I need some input. I have a 2015 Polaris Pro RMK 800 w/155 track. I stripped the threads that the shaft on the rear track shock screws into. A new shock from Polaris runs $500. Is there a different brand that runs cheaper and is comparable in performance? Do I buy a used one off EBAY? If so, can I trust a used shock? Can I rethread the old part? Or is my wife going to kill me, because I have to buy a 500 dollar part? Thanks

You can buy individual parts from your Polaris dealer or Walker Evans

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
send it in for service... most stuff can be repaired.

For this type of repair....Andy at http://gasshockrepair.com/snowmobile.html can help you out.

Have him use Amsoil full synth fluid with the rebuild for a few dollars more IMO (TRS preferred oil).

I am going to give another vote to Andy for repairing your shock.
The guy does absolutely great work, is fast and cheap for what he is doing.
Best of all for me is I drop them off at his shop and he calls me when they are ready to pickup.

He will rebuild it for $35 + the cost of parts. If you have just stripped the threads on the body, he can replace that rebuild it with your parts. MUCH CHEAPER than buying a new one. Heck send them all in and have him rebuild them all.
I just had him refresh and reseal 4 shocks for my brother in laws sled for $151.

Last edited:
Premium Features