• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help on Axys Starting issues

M
Feb 23, 2021
Iowa
I have a 2015 Axys 800, last winter we where on the trails, and I shut the sled down using the kill switch, went to go fire it back up and it wouldn’t start. Got it back to the garage and found it had spark so it wasn’t a kill switch issue, so I sprayed starting fluid into the intake and the sled fired right up…. And then continued to run fine. Even rode it down the trail for a few hours after starting it that way. Dealer said it was a fuel pump… which I didn’t think so but I replaced the pump itself anyway and nothing changed. Bought a new capacitor, and tried switching it around with each capacitor with no change. Even bought a new relay and swaped it through to each one with no change. I am completely lost on what to check next. Clearly the fuel pump works, because it runs amazing once it’s started, but the sled refuses to start without assistance.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Probably low on fuel pressure, could have a bad fuel pressure regulator! Check codes and fuel pressure.

M
Feb 23, 2021
Iowa
Probably low on fuel pressure, could have a bad fuel pressure regulator! Check codes and fuel pressure.
I’ll try to check FP, but it’s not throwing any codes. Also it runs fantastic even on the big end, you’d think if it’s running low on Fuel pressure it would lay over on the top end?

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
I'd tell you to pinch off the return side line but I don't think there's a spot you can do that! They're also isn't a schrader valve, so you'll have to borrow the tool from somebody. Obviously this is just a starting point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 2015 Axys 800, last winter we where on the trails, and I shut the sled down using the kill switch, went to go fire it back up and it wouldn’t start. Got it back to the garage and found it had spark so it wasn’t a kill switch issue, so I sprayed starting fluid into the intake and the sled fired right up…. And then continued to run fine. Even rode it down the trail for a few hours after starting it that way. Dealer said it was a fuel pump… which I didn’t think so but I replaced the pump itself anyway and nothing changed. Bought a new capacitor, and tried switching it around with each capacitor with no change. Even bought a new relay and swaped it through to each one with no change. I am completely lost on what to check next. Clearly the fuel pump works, because it runs amazing once it’s started, but the sled refuses to start without assistance.
Leak down test?

Premium Features