• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help...no headlight or handwarmers problem

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
2014 pro rmk ...Riding and lost headlight and handwarmers. Can't find any short or unplugged connections. Tail light and display works. Runs good.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
2014 pro rmk ...Riding and lost headlight and handwarmers. Can't find any short or unplugged connections. Tail light and display works. Runs good.

Probably worth trying the “pro ride” section. (2011-2015)

This is the “axys” section. (2015 +)

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Most people had a pro and a more busy sub forum I was hoping.....was thinking the a.c. portion of the voltage regulator went out? There are no relays or fuses?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Most people had a pro and a more busy sub forum I was hoping.....was thinking the a.c. portion of the voltage regulator went out? There are no relays or fuses?

How long did you run it?

When my voltage regulator went out it would shut off after 3-5 minutes.

Headlight and handwarmers going out was a precursor to the shutdown

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Anybody know which leads to test and the voltage it should have? Is the axys regulator the same? Where is the capacitor they talk about in that link from above?

I had a 13 SBA and one of the coils on my stator stopped working. Should be able to unplug them relatively easy under the hood and measure for resistance. I think they should read 0.3 or 0.2ohms normally. Just compare both and see if one is reading an open circuit.

Premium Features