• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help choosing a trailer

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So we had the mis fortune of losing our snowmobile trailer in a house fire. We need to replace with a new one. We need bumper pull all aluminum to fit 5 snowmobiles. Our trailer was highly modified and absolutely loved it but unfortunately they no longer make them.

So looks like Logan, Aluma, Mirage, Triton are on the higher end? Any other choices? And which companies are best at modifying to our needs? Looking to upgrade lots of things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
A dealer that is willing to be the liaison relaying your desires to the factory and service you post sale is just as important as which manufacturer.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Haven’t owned any of those, just cheaper trailers built in the midwest, but having looked at/been in quite a few trailers over the years I think if I were gonna have a “dream” trailer built it would probably be a Charmac. They just seem to be built well, smart, and there doesnt really seem to be anything they can’t do.

I agree with Mafesto, finding a good dealer to help you get what you want is probably just as important as who builds the trailer.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So we had the mis fortune of losing our snowmobile trailer in a house fire. We need to replace with a new one. We need bumper pull all aluminum to fit 5 snowmobiles. Our trailer was highly modified and absolutely loved it but unfortunately they no longer make them.

So looks like Logan, Aluma, Mirage, Triton are on the higher end? Any other choices? And which companies are best at modifying to our needs? Looking to upgrade lots of things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Might want to look at Legend's Trackmaster. Don't know budget, maybe there isn't one, you'll pay more for Triton for what you get - they are distributed through a wholesaler who tacks on another layer.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
I will 2nd the Charmac. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. The only thing I don't like is the step on my all aluminum trailer is noisy. It's not built quite right.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

If you are looking for ALL ALUMINUM with NO STEEL, then Mirage is out.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

Take a look at Mission trailer. All aluminum and loads of options to make it the way you want it.

Mission Trailers

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Also love my mission trailer. Will be going on my 5 season next year. They can build anything from mild to wild interiors. I have also looked at a Logan and they are pretty sweet too. Definitely need a good dealer too.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Mission also looks like a great trailer,
I actually had one configured ready to order when I purchased the ‘19 Snowest trailer. ATC is tits but even more money.

If you want a steel frame trailer, Logan hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So I was geared to do a Logan but seriously disappointed with lack of interest from their rep to contact me about details on the custom build. I’m leaning forwards ATC custom order now.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
What steered me towards Logan was customization options. But coming from a all aluminum trailer and seeing the difference in resale value it’s hard not to stick to aluminum. As stated dealer is just as important unfortunately we don’t have a lot of great options.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you want Logan info, let me know.
I've got a 33' with "Weekender package".
Love it!

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
i have had a mission for 3 years and have had nothing but issues. But before i do say what they are just note that the manufacturing plant is only 30 minutes away from me.

major issues:
- Several side panels have separated (manufacturer fixed)
- front v-nose drop down door has bent and does not seal up and lets snow
in. can not get tongue low enough so only one corner is on ground when you drive in/out.

- have been replacing wiring harness with the blue cord since they use cheap
non-cold weather stuff that crack.

minor issues:
- grease zerks on hinges are to close to the hinge so can not get grease gun on them so spray lube is used.
- one drivers side front axle the inner side of the tire is wearing and non other are. Not sure what that will end up leading to.
- pulls poorly. have never had a problem with any trailer of and size on a 1 ton diesel but will be trying a weight distribution hitch with sway control. so that will be to be determined if that fixes the sway.

but i will note again that the manufacturer has been decently accommodating when calling with issues, but they are very close to my location.

if you are not close by then i would probably look else where.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
i have had a mission for 3 years and have had nothing but issues. But before i do say what they are just note that the manufacturing plant is only 30 minutes away from me.

major issues:
- Several side panels have separated (manufacturer fixed)
- front v-nose drop down door has bent and does not seal up and lets snow
in. can not get tongue low enough so only one corner is on ground when you drive in/out.

- have been replacing wiring harness with the blue cord since they use cheap
non-cold weather stuff that crack.

minor issues:
- grease zerks on hinges are to close to the hinge so can not get grease gun on them so spray lube is used.
- one drivers side front axle the inner side of the tire is wearing and non other are. Not sure what that will end up leading to.
- pulls poorly. have never had a problem with any trailer of and size on a 1 ton diesel but will be trying a weight distribution hitch with sway control. so that will be to be determined if that fixes the sway.

but i will note again that the manufacturer has been decently accommodating when calling with issues, but they are very close to my location.

if you are not close by then i would probably look else where.
Thanks. I was looking really hard at Mission. I’m really far from manufacturing plant.

R
Sep 23, 2019
"A dealer that is willing to be the liaison relaying your desires to the factory and service you post-sale is just as important as which manufacturer. " This is actually really true and can really relate. Went to a dealer, will not mention the name, but their service is not that good. They have so many customers that they can't assist all.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I'm also in the market for a new trailer since mine had a little mishap and was totaled. I'm leaning towards a legend. I like the way they build them. They build the box and frame all as 1 then put the flooring down wall sheeting and roof. Where other manufacturers build the frame put the floor sheeting down then build the walls on top of the floor. Another brand I've been looking at is a NEO. Logan also makes a very nice trailer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R
Sep 23, 2019
Just get Triton. What I would recommend is getting enclosed trailer just for more protection on the road while you are towing it. It is costly and cost me around $5,200. I got the aluminum type and still no signs of it rusting which is a common problem for a low-end trailer. Lucky for me the dealer here in Kansas gave me a discount and have some freebies.

S
Dec 24, 2018
Haven’t owned any of those, just cheaper trailers built in the midwest, but having looked at/been in quite a few trailers over the years I think if I were gonna have a “dream” trailer built it would probably be a Charmac. They just seem to be built well, smart, and there doesnt really seem to be anything they can’t do.

I agree with Mafesto, finding a good dealer to help you get what you want is probably just as important as who builds the trailer.

Premium Features