• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need advice for clutch kit.

D
Mar 13, 2014
I just tuned and clutched my sled. I have a mid range issue, seems to me clutching is mostly personal preference with a lot of give and take....gain this lose that etc. I have not run Ibackshift but they seem to have there **** together with all the questions they ask on the website lol.

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
I prefer Sled Head Racing when it comes to skidoo clutch kits. Never had an issues with Big John’s set ups.

gun-driver

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2011
I run one of Joeys (backshift) kits in my XM Free Ride and it was dead nuts on for where I rode in Wy from 8 - 11,500, my buddy was on his gen4 summit turbo 165 and he was running one of his kits also and loved it too.
I also ran it in the eastern flatland hills and its spot on with just a weight change.
He’s great to work with and responds quickly to any questions.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
ibackshift or Big Johns .... Ibackshift will show you tricks and tips to engage the clutch in the low 2000 RPM range for very slow maneuvering.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Looking for a good clutch kit for a 22 turbo 850 skidoo
Thanks for the cheers on my clutch kits Gents. :D
Look me up Buddy. Ask me any question info at ibackshift dot calm. Tell me what you have, what you like to do, where you run and I can make a suggestion for you.

What people say about my kits is really my test riders. When you see people saying "good performance from ibackshift kit", what you're seeing is Steve the test guy did good work. Pat the test guy did good work. Zac the test guy did good work. Jack, Matt, Pearce, Reggie, Johan, Geir, Kyle...etc, those test guys helped make that kit.

I start every clutch kit at home doing old fashioned side by side testing. Then playing musical sleds [everyone in the group jumping on each other's sleds], then compare results. Then sent packages out to test guys so they can do the same procedures. Then when you get test guys from different locations, separated like "water tight compartments" who most of them dont know each other - but they come up with the same settings; then you have a good clutch kit. And then get feedback of problems seen by customers and then quickly solve them; you have a good clutch kit.

So what you get from me, is really.........THEM! You're riding "their work". [the fruit of my test guys and customer feedback]

Happy Highmarking

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Here is one of my test guys Zac in Bozeman.

Ski-Doo 850 Factory Turbo Clutching
Zac in Montana @ 9000 feet. 2900 engagement speed. Doing validation testing for our iBackshift Ski-Doo 850 Factory Turbo clutch kit for 165hp. Engage speed is 2900. Stock clutching the engage is 4k and sled moves at 4300. With kit, at 4300 rpms you're doing 14mph. Lower engine speed at part throttle in the trees. Where stock clutching pulls hard to say 48mph track speed, but around 43~44mph, you can feel that typical vibration in your feet with stock helix. Ok you get 8000 rpms but there is more conversion to be had. The kit pulls another 3~4mph track speed at 6500 feet in Revelstoke with 220# rider with gear. Engine braking holds to 12~13mph before declutching. Can gear to a 20 top and still pulls HARD. Engine brake holds to 10`11mph. Typical iBackshift clutch kit backshift, super strong, LISTEN TO THE WHIRL OF THE TRACK. Your sled will just CHEW. Thanks, Joey

Premium Features