• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need 146" track details

S
Dec 28, 2009
Paddle size
2.0 or 2.6

The old 155 2.6 track was 2.86 pitch, so I imagine the 146 track will be too but this is a assumption.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Would like to see some of the new light weight tec come to the shorter track lengths. They were able to make a 155/ 2.75 lighter than the old 2.4 /155 and I have not seen this applied to the shorter lengths so i was hoping this new track would take that step. If anyone has a list of previous tracks with pitch, length, and weight they could post it would be interesting to see them all in one place to compare.

Looking at the Polaris 2022 sales brochure they list sled weights for each model and then show several length tracks for that model but only one weight. Makes me think what they have listed can not be very accurate. They were so close to the sub 400 lb mountain sled a few years ago but they seem to have given up on having this newest chassis achieving that goal now. I thought a 146 sled would be the lightest rmk in their line up but they list it at 424 lbs. That engineer that helped Polaris get to be the lightest mountain sled must have retired before this new matrix was being designed.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd bet Polaris is expecting the 146 to see more trail riding and high speeds, and didn't want to take a chance on a lightweight track. Given the issues people are having with the series 8, I doubt it'd last long at all max blasting down the trails. I also don't think there's anything available in 144/146 that's lighter than the 155 series 8, unfortunately. You could put the shorter cooler in the 146 sled, but the would be expensive and take a lot of effort. That said, the 146 Slash sounds like a lot of fun, and if you could make one <400lb, it'd be all the better!

Premium Features