• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ne2 rider and track length

P
Dec 15, 2018
Ok I've been trying g to learn to mountain ride. I realized I bought the wrong snowmobile. No biggie I'll but another. I have found several but now it's down to track length. 150's to 160's depending on manufacturer. O think I'll probably end up getting a artic vat so 165 vs 155. I know I'll get stuck alot but iam older and it's really hard to get unstuck. I want to get stuck less. Will the longer track really help alot? I have no real world experience. I could to buy a doo 175 but I get little Nan syndrome looking at 175 lop. Also as much as I'd like revelstoke powder ever time truth is we don't and I ride trails alot too so no perfect set up but I wanna ride this next sled for 2/3 seasons and actually try and get good/better lol. Thanks for honest answers

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Track length does generally mean less stuck. Now, rider experience comes into play bigtime, more than track length. That said, a less experienced rider will get stuck less on a 165 vs 155, but a 165 will be easier to maneuver than a 174. I’d stick with a Gen 4 Doo or newer in the Doo dept. In Poo I’d say any newer axys chassis will suit you well.

Your right, no sled is perfect for both trail and mountain. I’d rather ride a mountain sled on a trail over a trail sled in the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Charlie, after seeing in another thread that you have a 141” M6000, you would be AMAZED at how much more forgiving a longer 800/850 would be. I think you will find the longer the better if you don’t want to get stuck as much.

A 163” or 165” should fit you well. They work just fine on the trail, but you will want good ice scratchers.

You WILL get better with time, and you WILL keep getting stuck even if you get a longer sled ? Ride as often as possible and don’t be afraid to get to stuck, and go out of your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid of the throttle, but keep a finger on the brake!

Premium Features