• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

N. Wyoming meet-n-ride

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Well, story of my life: a friend I rode with last year and thought would be a regular hasn't got his sled out and sounds like he probably won't ride this season since his wife is due soon. And unlike the last couple years, there's been no rideable snow down where I live, just N. of Red Lodge. Not that I consider that real riding anyway. So, shot in the dark, but anybody else out there hurting for someone to ride with? Or willing to add one to their group, for that matter?

Basically, I'm down for whatever, although my skills and sled aren't a good match for a hardcore riding group. That said, I do have a beacon, probes, and shovel, and more than enough experience to avoid trouble beyond typical stucks (used to ride by myself all the time, but generally avoid that anymore). My favorite area to ride is Top of the World: nice mix of terrain and never crowded, but I'd also be interested in the Big Horns or Cooke City (although I'm not familiar). I work out of state in week-and-a-half stints, and I'm pretty flexible outside of that. More than willing to ride with someone new to sledding too, FWIW. What I'd really love to see is some sort of weekly SnoWest ride – maybe rotate between Cooke, TopOTW, and Horns – but we'll just see if anything comes of this first!

Premium Features