• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Wifes 06 RMK 700 Build!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Do wifes sled first next time.:face-icon-small-ton

there will NOT be another sled build for sure...and if there is, its a turbo/skid and thats IT!!

Wow, that is crazy... I hate it when things come up last minute like that...

Good luck Sean:beer;

thanks seth...im pretty burned out, and its not even sled season yet :face-icon-small-fro

Hey, where are you going in Utah? I may have to get off my Ars and put mine together and go meet you up there.

we are staying at her moms in Layton, Utah..

ill keep you posted if i even bring the sleds...not sure as of yet, will know by wed night for sure.

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
How's the snow where you are going? Fire up the coffee maker.. bust some all-nighters... get it done.. sleep in the car on the way. C'mon Doo It!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
How's the snow where you are going? Fire up the coffee maker.. bust some all-nighters... get it done.. sleep in the car on the way. C'mon Doo It!

haha..thanks jeff.

i hate coffee....but i do LOVE hot cocoa..lol...thats what real men drink right???

yeh i am not sure what to do yet. i have so much to do this week before and this just puts me over what i have time for already...so it will be a busy week for sure...i am by NO means a quitter. just frustrated, broke, and behind on everything i wanted to do, lol..

looks like i will be able to install your billet crossmember now, lol...and might as well install the electric start motor/wiring since i am in there, i will finish the rest of the wiring when i get back.

snow conditions...not sure off the top of my head, gonna jet real fast and will check it...hope its terrible, LOL!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
get off the computer and get out in that garage!!!

Is there Schnapps in that Cocoa

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Fabulous looking sled! :love:

lol, thank you!!

just imagine it in all pink/black...i actually think it will look pretty BADA$$...and be a looker for sure...

im glad she doesnt ride like me..or it wont be pretty for long, lol.

p.s. tell VINNEE to make me a sick bumper for the 09 bodywork.. ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I am over my pink phaze.. however a matte black body with hot pink accents is BADASSSSSSSSSSS!!!

So, get to it.. ;) :p

I'll pass the word on to Vinnee.

LOL...

girls are NEVER over their pink phases...they just change them a little, lol..will sure be hard to sell the sled if we ever do...unless his wife wants it, LOL...

hers will be similar to what your saying though..all gloss black with all hot pink accents...

:sick::kiss:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok, got the motor pulled in about 2 hours...

the MAG side front motor mount bolt was broken about 1/4" out of the casing, so was just enough length that i got it out with some pliers. i think there wasnt any issues with motor shifting cause it was just long enough that the upper compfusion motor mount spacer caught on it, and it held the motor to the upper urethane puck, inturn keping it from shifting much...LUCKY!!!

found a small oil leak from lower oil pump bolt, got about 1/4 turn to tighten it up, hope thats all it was..

while i am in there i will install the billet front crossmember from Franz, new motor mount bolts, new oil filter and install the electric start motor and wire it in a few weeks so i dont have to pull the motor again.

block off the exhaust valves and few other small things i didnt get time to do.

gonna do a once over the rear mounts and wiring, but as long as the billet crossmember shows up today, i will be able to get the motor installed in a few hours and be back where i was saturday, lol.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
apparently the pics i posted of her sled at the begining of the thread are gone. so here are some more pics of it (some before this season of coarse)

0102001232a.jpg

0102001232b.jpg

1214091642a.jpg

1212091809.jpg

1229091454.jpg

1214091642.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got some work on her sled,m pretty much ready to go.

need to bleed coolant, heat cycle clutch and re-torque, ski alignment

had an oil leak from a bad oil pump o-ring, got that fixed up and motor back in.

sold her 41" Holz a-arms and now using 43" zbroz arms, sold the 17.5" floats for some 18" floats, 09 sway bar installed on zbroz arms...installed ice age rails, BOSS highrise seat (cant get rear of seat to lay flush, oh well, lol), installed Boondockers gas rack, tunnel rack shovel, Skinz rear bumper.

IMG_20110122_122705.jpg

IMG_20101018_175440.jpg

IMG_20110122_122639.jpg

IMG_20110122_122649.jpg

also wanted to show you all what i would do if you have a FNI intake, i used screen door material and sealed it will black silicone...worked great for the last 2 seasons, this will be the 3rd..all of my intakes of this on it. the big hole is a perfect place for a nut/rivot/screw to find its way into the throttle bodies/engine!!!!!

IMG_20110120_175414-2.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
here is the Boondockers Gas Rack, they are on clearence for $30, ordered it in Oct, and picked it up in person at the snow show. Really a nice product...very light, has tonz of angles to tie something down, has a plate for an LED tail light, has a channel built in on the bottom for the tail light wiring harness....retail is $69. its a steal.

i am sure the gas rack will become PINK when the sled is morphed black/pink..but will look pretty sweet i promise ;)

the Gas can is a Trail Tank can. By far the BEST gas cans on the market hands down, stronger then any out there, and extremely rigid. Get one!!

installed the polaris shovel in the rear cooler cover, they dont like to stay in place, so i added a strap thats rivots to the handle bottom and to the gas rack that just unclips, it will hold that baby on there for sure....its more about functionality at this point, lol. ;)

Also, need to get my hands on some gas can hold down straps, the blue bungees just dont fit in very good, LOL..

IMG_20110124_175219.jpg

IMG_20110124_175213.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
installed the polaris shovel in the rear cooler cover, they dont like to stay in place, so i added a strap thats rivots to the handle bottom and to the gas rack that just unclips, it will hold that baby on there for sure....its more about functionality at this point, lol. ;)

Um, that's because you don't have the bracket.

102_4512.jpg 102_4513.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Um, that's because you don't have the bracket.

well ill be a sumbitch. i have seen that bracket before, but thought someone made it themselves...

so....im gonna need you to send me that cover. sweet, thakns zane ;)

trying to find that part number now....i have 4 of these cooler covers, and not one of them has that bracket, lol.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
It comes with the shovel, don't think you will find a part number for it because it was part of the shovel kit. Now you know why there are two holes in the groove in that cover, they are for the rivets. :face-icon-small-win

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got her sled out for its first ride yesterday, was a great day overall.

had some very minor issues that i can take care of quickly...but nothing major at all.

1. running 71g MTX weights with 2g in the outter tip, might remove the 2g and see if i can get the bottom end to "snap" better...but the rpm range is great and pulls hard

2. The steering alignment is WAY off, lol...not sure what the heck i was doing when i did it a few weeks ago, but its not right. haha.

3. the Hyfax needs to be trimmed back about 1" on both sides by the rear wheels

4. the belt was squeeling at idle and noticed the belt deflection was too tight..so went to adjust it on the trail and i forgot to bring the allen head and wreck for the adjustment screw, lol...easy fix though

5. the damn Highrise BOSS Seat drove me NUTS....it would colapse under the weight and pop the botton flaps off the side of the tunnel and wiggle all over the place...velcro was the only thing holding it on at that point...so will fix that last and see what ideas come to me to keep it on there nice and tight...

but no major issues at all, east fixes i will do asap.

temp was 115-120 all day on the trail with scratchers...stopped a few times to check/bleed coolant....re-torqued the primary bolt a few times over the day (70ft lbs per indydan) and adjusted the PSI in the floats shocks...

the 43" wide ZBROZ front end is something to get used to also, but didnt feel right at all since the alignment was off, so will play with that, lol.

so this is how it will sit until this summer when i convert the black/pink theme on this baby and really set it apart from the others ;)

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
Sean, boy i hope your wife appreciates the time and $$$$$ you put into that sled. Great job on everything. With your technical expertise you'll get those minor glitches ironed out in no time. Never was really a fan of the Boss seat as i was going to do the same with my sled but decided against because of what you experienced.

Premium Features