• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My retro build: Sno Pro 600 triple 141" -99

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I made the tuning at carage just By hearing so I probably need to tweak the bottom end when I get the autotune in. Seems -35 is nice number to start with :) I've ported the engine so this can't be compared to stock engine. The engine almost drowned to gas when driving slowly. I think this is fixed now.

At summer it's time to dig into turbo building world. The plan is clear and it will be nice bolt on pump gas setup.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Yes, First Hill Climb Race is raced :) Man it was fun!
keijjo.JPG

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I like that shot too :) I just got back to home. Need to wait a bit to see pics taken by others. Hopefully there's another nice shot.

Well... the contest was kind of rehearsal one so no glory or fame was given. I'm newbie in racing so the position wasn't too good :D But man it was fun! Need to practice jumping a lot.

Here's short clip of last run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvYIzAo_bE

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Summer Project for this sled :)
If someone has experience of turboing this 800/900 engine I'd like to hear about clutching, head, pipe and build issues etc. My goal is to do pump gas treeriding sled so gearing will be short and no huge/insane power is needed.

main.php

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Mattymac here on the forum had a turboed 900. I am pretty sure it was carbed, but he may be able to help you with some of that stuff.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I've been playing with PCV numbers to clean out the engine. Turbokit is not ready and not installed. I'd like to make the engine run smooth and clean before installing the turbo.

I noticed there's BMP pipe mod available for stock pipe. Does anybody know what mods it contains? I assume the pipe is shortened to rise rpm - but how much it's shortened? And what's the target RPM after mod?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland

Made some improvements:
Cut the ski stance down to 89cm (35") and fitted M series hood. I'd like to keep the retro style but the hood wasn't too good in trees. It's so big so it showeled lot of snow on top of it and as it's full of holes all the snow ended up under hood and to clutches :D

Here's current situation. Hood needs paint etc.
main.php

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If you have the time, don't be afraid to use Rustoleum paint. I did the kids 340 hood, cut and buffed and it is in pretty good shape now. A steep learning curve for me since I don't usually do that kind of work, but I think it turned out good. Same hood, just different light made it look a bit off red on the tailgate.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Volcano Buster:
Wow, nice work! I'll check what paints they have here available. My driving style is "tree hugging" so I'll just paint the sled quickly as it will be looking quite raped after few drives :D

The hoods are not ready yet so zero meters on single arm setup so far with this sled. I had similar setup in previous Project sled so have some experience of it. It works good. Ofcourse it's not as firm as stock system so need to be little more carefull whit this.

Actually, I got the previous Project back and took light weigt spindles, hoods etc from it to new project sled :) The old one is quite beaten: chassis is broken, engine broken too... half of the parts missing etc. Here's a pic of it before I sold it.
main.php

It was 162"
main.php

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Made new seat cover during the christmas. Now it starts to look good :) Best thing is I managed to keep the under seat storage. It's about arm long and heigth is about 11cm - enough for a day ride.

Need to get Pro Climb (or M-series) rails and Fox Float rear shock and it's ready for turbo. I really like the idea of having old zr big block under hood, good old M-series look with a added flavour of Pro Climb (more rider forward than M-series). Also narrow ski stance and higher central point of mass should help me out in the trees. Can't wait to get on snow! :)

main.php

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
So did you cut the bulkhead and move the lower arm mounts in or is this using shortened arms? I'm curious as to how well the cut bulkhead would hold up? Maybe some pics of the bottom if you have any?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I got lazy during the summer and did nothing for the bulkhead. At christmas I was lazy too and just used old Bearcat A-arms which I had laying in carage :) I did think about how to do it (moving the mounts towards center line), one optio would have been to use Pro Climb A-arms (or DIY ones) and just move front mount places to center and modify rear ones to fit arm mounts in angle. But... as said I got lazy :)

Now I'm installing the turbo kit. Also got Pro Climb rails so I'll swap them too. BDX sells stock rear suspension arms, maybe I'll buy pair of those later. Pics of these will come later.

Had some fun at new year. Not enough snow though and chain snapped. Sled feels really nice but motor need more power etc. Narrow front end feels really really good. Really easy to manoeuvre on both sides and carving on lakes etc feels like snowboard :) Can't wait to get more power!

I've been thinking about replacing rear cooler with bigger solid one which bolts under the tank through tunnel. With hose joints being in the front of the cooler would make the installation clean and simple. Best part would be mass of cooling parts moved into center of the sled. In thery this should help the handling even more. Need to find suitable cooler first.

Some pics:
main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Here's some pictures of the turbo installation. Mounted turbo sideways to eliminate stinger and to make pressure pipe as short as possible. Turbo is Garret 2860 china copy so no monster power possible. Hopefully throttle response is great. Has anyone used this turbo in a sled?

Not ready yet, but hoping to start this weekend :)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
Premium Features