• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My answer to the chitty boards

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Day 1
590f9804d92e54153893b011b200be1b.jpg

5703e274440c8d9dfed457368c5e739b.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Not done, but I can't get warmed up to the price of the aftermarket boards, and the oem bumper sucks azz. Kept looking to buy the cat boards and bumper but just couldn't see the cost. So here we go. All 4130 should be fabbed tomorrow and off to powder before Christmas.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Ready to be taken off and final welded, drill holes for the screws, then off to powder.
b63bad45271e42629362759672dabc5c.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
I'm not much interested in making them to sell. There are plenty of options out there, and quite honestly there are people who do this to put food on their table and I'm not looking to be another guy to compete for the money. If there is a local guy that wanted one done and had a Saturday to burn I probably do it for the material and some beer. This is just a hobby. I just enjoy building stuff that's functional and affordable. This was based off my Nytro tunnel I built for it. Everyone that has rode it seemed to love it.
50f309414cc29785e821eaf58622994a.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
So this thing has sat unfinished, not ridden, and in the way since last year. My time and motivation have finally come together and I'm working on it again. New 174 3.2 installed. Few things left to finish and it will be ready!
74addf02c23d7537de87798ef86e4519.jpg

a1d4af0d69733c6181a9a46f1fa336cf.jpg

Frosted Flakes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2011
Most corrupt state in the union
Been thinking real hard on going 4s turbo, but have a very genuine concern about the weight and tree riding. Not a an expert at all in tree riding, but can get myself in and out of the trees with killing myself or destroying the sled, how is the heavy boys in the trees? I know power for days, but how bad is it when these monsters get stuck? Usually a ski pull and their out, or you digging to see China men?

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
The power usually compensates for getting stuck!

My shovel comes out far less on the 1100T vs. my M1000.

When I do have to dig due to rider error, it's usually an event of clearing the surrounding snow away from the sled and pulling the ski around.

Frosted Flakes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2011
The power usually compensates for getting stuck!

My shovel comes out far less on the 1100T vs. my M1000.

When I do have to dig due to rider error, it's usually an event of clearing the surrounding snow away from the sled and pulling the ski around.

Does the shovel not come out because you don't try lines because of digging it out? Not trying to bust your balls, I am looking for real life experiences. All my buddies say I am on my own if I get this beast because of the fear of digging it out an not just ski pulling like my M800.

Can you roll these beasts over like a 2stroke when stuck good or is it dig a platform and ski pull out?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Hard to explain.

Does the shovel not come out because you don't try lines because of digging it out? Not trying to bust your balls, I am looking for real life experiences. All my buddies say I am on my own if I get this beast because of the fear of digging it out an not just ski pulling like my M800.

Can you roll these beasts over like a 2stroke when stuck good or is it dig a platform and ski pull out?
Just gonna pipe in here... The 1100T can work in the trees, you just have to plan a bit farther ahead, as the ground speeds are a touch higher. I've found that the track can delimb trees very quickly, and the trackspeed usually gets you out of a bad situation once you're into boost. I roll mine over often, but I do have a 4S Solutions rollover valve installed. If you have a buddy tug on a ski and hit the gas, it will pop out on the snow, too. Obviously, if you've completely f'd up and dug a trench to China, you'll have to break out the shovel. P.S. - they are all heavy when planted, so if your buddies say "you're on your own", you either need new buddies, or you simply can't ride, which also means you shouldn't be on a turbo 4S. Not hacking on you, just stating the facts. I'm slightly south of 50 yrs old, but in good shape. I don't climb chutes, and spend more time in the trees. But that boosted 4S is simply amazing when the snow is deep and fluffy, not so much when the snow is set up, as you can feel the weight on concrete snow.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA

The M1100T can get to places my other sled can't and I ride the same style.
I feel more confident on the Turbo and may be more aggressive with it, and I (again) have found that it gets stuck less then the 1000 just because to me it has big power. (I've put a lot of aftermarket on it)

I ride with 2 guys who both have M8 Turbos, one a Boondocker and one a Push.
We go everywhere together and ride the same.

I don't know that I've rolled it over.

I agree with 1OF, this sled isn't for everyone. If you find yourself digging out a lot you just might want the lightest sled you can find.

Frosted Flakes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2011
Just gonna pipe in here... The 1100T can work in the trees, you just have to plan a bit farther ahead, as the ground speeds are a touch higher. I've found that the track can delimb trees very quickly, and the trackspeed usually gets you out of a bad situation once you're into boost. I roll mine over often, but I do have a 4S Solutions rollover valve installed. If you have a buddy tug on a ski and hit the gas, it will pop out on the snow, too. Obviously, if you've completely f'd up and dug a trench to China, you'll have to break out the shovel. P.S. - they are all heavy when planted, so if your buddies say "you're on your own", you either need new buddies, or you simply can't ride, which also means you shouldn't be on a turbo 4S. Not hacking on you, just stating the facts. I'm slightly south of 50 yrs old, but in good shape. I don't climb chutes, and spend more time in the trees. But that boosted 4S is simply amazing when the snow is deep and fluffy, not so much when the snow is set up, as you can feel the weight on concrete snow.

This is what I was looking for in a truthful response and its even better that your in my age category. I'm no Chris Burandt by no means, I can float the machine most all day until I try something out of the comfort zone, but thats how you improve each ride.

I'm now wanting the power........sound like a 20 year old, but I see the limitation of the 800's at 9-10,500 without a turbo. I also want the reliability of a 4s. My buddies just keep telling me to boost my 800, I'm not a gear head by no means, I want to twist the key and go. I do maintence and fix what I break, thats as far as I want to go.

When you say plan your trees, are looking 3-4 trees past the one your going by? I do that now unless the machine finds something squirelly and tosses you in a different direction. Is it difficult to recover from something like that or just grab more flipper and lean the way you want to go?

Premium Features