• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MWR Schedule

F
Aug 17, 2009
It sounds that way, I talked to the guy that ran MWR and he said its over for them. It sucks for me, I just got my new race sled after being out of for 8 years.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I can tell you after hitting a couple last year the only reason to keep MWR around would be the 120 races. The larger sled classes only have 2-3 racers and they are junior level classes as-is. It would be cool to see a huge short track circuit, but there is zero market around here to sustain it. It's hard to get more money and new guys hitting the hillclimb circuit. I don't see any way short of a miracle that MWR could revamp and sustain a progressive circuit with such a dominant mountain sled market in place. At least us guys with kids can also run 120s at some of the hillclimbs in addition to what's left of the sno-x races.

F
Aug 17, 2009
It is sad that most people think you cant run a short track in the mountains as well. It is very possible, may take more skill but can be way more fun! I guess I will have to bring my race sled to a few RMSHA and prove that you dont need a 163" and a turbo climb hills.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
It is sad that most people think you cant run a short track in the mountains as well. It is very possible, may take more skill but can be way more fun! I guess I will have to bring my race sled to a few RMSHA and prove that you dont need a 163" and a turbo climb hills.

ahhh the days of MSSHA when long and short tracks competed side by side

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496

Not really what I was insinuating in my post, but point taken.

RMSHA will always accept more racers so come join the fun. A stock 6 is more than capable of clearing the top, long or short track. I was just pointing out that there is no economic driver that will sustain a short track market anywhere around here. Unfortunately for MWR, that is a major downfall to their success.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I would say the closes races to Boise are either Bear Lake or Beaver Mountain. The rest are further north or south from those races. To qualify for Jackson in Semi-Pro you need to be a RMSHA member, qualify in any of the 3 classes, and place high in finals OR be a RMSHA member, enter the New Member classes and place Top 3 to receive an entry.

Semi-Pro classes you can qualify in all 3 classes for Jackson, but you would need to be in around the top 10 in total points for each class since the invites are limited.

New Member classes you can race in all 3 (stock, improved, or mod), and must finish in the top 3 to receive an invite. You can only receive one invite through New Member classes, and are only eligible to race these classes the first year you become a RMSHA member.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Mwr schedule

I have put on the Sledfest at Schweitzer mt. Resort for the past 5 years,I am not sure the plans for 2014,the cost and time on my end is alot more than anyone can imagine plus all the people that help with the event,in the begining the snocross was good but short track sleds are not out west anymore,rmsha has been there the last 2 years,I dont think they will be back because they never called after last year to thank us for anything,the hillclimb is a great event for the racers but if you can't get spectators up close to watch its very boring for them,plus the travel is to far out of where rmsha wants to race,the hillcross has been to hard on equipment,the hill drags have always had a good turn out but the entry fee does not cover the cost,I still have the place and I am open for ideas,am thinking of possibly having a snowbike race for later in April to get better weather,chime in if you have some ideas,thanks , Jeff York

S
Jul 14, 2008
I really want to see Snocross back in the west also. I got back into it last year after being out for a while and went to one race and decided 3 or 4 big sled at a race wasn't like it used to be. Anyone that I know who still does it goes back east to race. I still haven't been able to come up with a budget to travel 1000mi one way to a race, still working on it though.

Premium Features