• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK performance 5' tunnel cooler

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
I'm cutting tunnel and installing a MTNTK 5' tunnel cooler.
I would like to just use the 5' cooler only and was wondering if anyone has done that and does it work as good as stock?
I going to weld everything back to use the stock cooling and the MTNTK 5' cooler if needed.
I just wondering if i'm wasting my time trying run with the MTNTK 5' cooler only.
I cut my axys 800 tunnel and the stock cooling work OK unless i was on hard pack trails.

Thanks
Jeff R.

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
I will weigh the 5' cooler and post.
I heard without the stock cooling you don't get the snow/ice build up on running boards.
With the MTNTK cooler being finned it should dispersed the heat better.

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm cutting tunnel and installing a MTNTK 5' tunnel cooler.
I would like to just use the 5' cooler only and was wondering if anyone has done that and does it work as good as stock?
I going to weld everything back to use the stock cooling and the MTNTK 5' cooler if needed.
I just wondering if i'm wasting my time trying run with the MTNTK 5' cooler only.
I cut my axys 800 tunnel and the stock cooling work OK unless i was on hard pack trails.

Thanks
Jeff R.

Did this to my stock 850 last year.
With the tunnel cut and a shorter snowflap on the late season hard trail it runs hot. Lots of dips off trail but still hot.
If there is any fresh 1-2” it’s fine.
Once in the hills it’s good.
One big downside is a ton of snow builds up in tunnel between middle cooler and tunnel sides just like a Xm/xp doo. For this reason I’ll be hooking up the stock coolant channels as well this year.
I have both hooked up on my tunnel cut turbo and it is a great setup. The no snow buildup in the tunnel offsets the extra weight penalty. Plus sled runs nice and cool.
If you can figure a way to have a longer snow flap that wouldn’t get caught in track that would probably be enough to keep temps down on trail.

Premium Features