• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

MTNTK performance 5' tunnel cooler

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
I'm cutting tunnel and installing a MTNTK 5' tunnel cooler.
I would like to just use the 5' cooler only and was wondering if anyone has done that and does it work as good as stock?
I going to weld everything back to use the stock cooling and the MTNTK 5' cooler if needed.
I just wondering if i'm wasting my time trying run with the MTNTK 5' cooler only.
I cut my axys 800 tunnel and the stock cooling work OK unless i was on hard pack trails.

Thanks
Jeff R.

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
I will weigh the 5' cooler and post.
I heard without the stock cooling you don't get the snow/ice build up on running boards.
With the MTNTK cooler being finned it should dispersed the heat better.

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm cutting tunnel and installing a MTNTK 5' tunnel cooler.
I would like to just use the 5' cooler only and was wondering if anyone has done that and does it work as good as stock?
I going to weld everything back to use the stock cooling and the MTNTK 5' cooler if needed.
I just wondering if i'm wasting my time trying run with the MTNTK 5' cooler only.
I cut my axys 800 tunnel and the stock cooling work OK unless i was on hard pack trails.

Thanks
Jeff R.

Did this to my stock 850 last year.
With the tunnel cut and a shorter snowflap on the late season hard trail it runs hot. Lots of dips off trail but still hot.
If there is any fresh 1-2” it’s fine.
Once in the hills it’s good.
One big downside is a ton of snow builds up in tunnel between middle cooler and tunnel sides just like a Xm/xp doo. For this reason I’ll be hooking up the stock coolant channels as well this year.
I have both hooked up on my tunnel cut turbo and it is a great setup. The no snow buildup in the tunnel offsets the extra weight penalty. Plus sled runs nice and cool.
If you can figure a way to have a longer snow flap that wouldn’t get caught in track that would probably be enough to keep temps down on trail.

Premium Features