• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Non Intercooled Turbo

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Has anyone tried out the MTNTK non intercooled turbo? Apparently they are currently using a smaller Garret turbo to produce better spool up. I cant seem to be able to find any real reviews on the MTNTK setup. Thanks.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Has anyone tried out the MTNTK non intercooled turbo? Apparently they are currently using a smaller Garret turbo to produce better spool up. I cant seem to be able to find any real reviews on the MTNTK setup. Thanks.

i could be wrong but I thought I heard they went back to the borgwarner efr turbo. there’s some info in the turbo axys section on mtntk kits

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I called and they use the small Garrett now. Maybe getting rid of old stock? Not sure. I ordered up a Silber only because I feel they have a longer more solid reputation. I just couldn't find enough info on the Mtntk and also heard some customer service issues. I don't know one way or another for sure on all that though.

J
Nov 25, 2019
Friend has a mtntk on his 17 axys and he’s always tinkering with it, mapping issues, injectors locations, tps re calibrations. I know some of this isn’t due to the turbo kit but he’s the only one I know with a turbo that’s constantly having issues

Gunk

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2015
north west Iowa
just put a MTNTK kit on my 16 axys with 1500 miles on it. Ran awesome , quick install and programming . it was a Garrett . i should has bought it years ago!

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I absolutely love my mtntk and would buy another over a silber any day. Has ran for 3 years absolutely flawless. Awesome kit

T
Dec 26, 2011
just put a MTNTK kit on my 16 axys with 1500 miles on it. Ran awesome , quick install and programming . it was a Garrett . i should has bought it years ago!
Thinking about putting the mtntk intercooled turbo on my 16 Axys with 1400 miles. I got the turbo just wondering if i should put it on the old 16 or buy a holdover 20 to put it on. Did you do any work to yours reeds, clutches, fuel pump before the turbo install. Any info would be much appreciated

Premium Features