• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTEK Cooler Review

M
Feb 26, 2018
Back story: 2014 Pro Rmk, riding trails in Minnesota, Ski Doo Scratchers, and Ski Doo external thermostat.

After putting on the Ski Doo scratchers and Ski Doo external 99 degree thermostat I thought my over heat problems would be solved, WRONG!!! I should note that they did help, and I would do the external thermostat again (verdict is still kinda out on the scratchers yet - I think they are wearing kinda quick). Anyway I went riding with the club on Avery cold day and the trails were packed. I was running temps about 156. We got on a 8 mile lake and my temps went to 170. Right off the lake we had to go thru a small town, temps shot up to 203. When I got home, I quickly ordered the 5 foot MTNTEK cooler. After installing the cooler I am running temps in the 104 range. I cannot duplicate the same conditions on the lake, but I sure like what I see so far!!!

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
LOL, I just posted a review of their tunnel kit too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed the 3' footer and it is night day, live in MN also. Stupid Polaris needs to go back to Thermal Dynamics class because their cooling system SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see other people are catching on and installing these kits, it is like a totally different sled. No more nail biting and constant eye watching of the stupid temp gauge. I can enjoy riding again, lol.

Premium Features