• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNK updated injector location 800 axys

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i’m surprised it’s not really advertised as an update, but for the intercooled 800 axys kits they have relocated injectors back into the original location. anyone run the update last year? much of an improvement?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yes mine was converted last year and it works awesome. Starts just like stock now all the time. I love my mtntk kit.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Mine started great, would not run above 7000 rpm, seemed to be not enough fuel, mtntk blamed my indy specialty engine for reason tune not working, reinstalled old injector location and last years tune, worked the same as it did last year with stock engine, maybe even better. Hoping I can get a new map or get it sorted from mtntk when I call them next week. loved the bottom end on new injector setup and starting.

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Yes mine was converted last year and it works awesome. Starts just like stock now all the time. I love my mtntk kit.

What’s all involved in converting it?
Is there a kit?

Love my mtntk once running but starting is definitely an issue.
Any noticeable improvement on bottom end from a dead stop?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I had shawn install the kit along with the new drop in pistons that are 100 grams lighter. The injector change totally fixes the starting issues.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
the kit is just a new injector rail to reinstall on the cylinders, takes about 20 min to do. I reverted back to old style injector location with an updated map which gives me no starting issues and allows me to run more than 8lbs boost, works good.
Hope to get things resolved so i can go back to updated injectors, cleaner bottom end and fuel economy

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yea shawn had mine for a couple weeks so he took it up to island park and tuned it after the injector update. Mine was the first one he actualy installed it on. It runs incredible.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Yea shawn had mine for a couple weeks so he took it up to island park and tuned it after the injector update. Mine was the first one he actualy installed it on. It runs incredible.
My MTNTK kit was installed last year on a 2018 Axys and I love the kit. The starting issue isn't really that bad as you just have to give it a little or a lot of throttle sometimes to get it to start just after a long pull. My only issue has been the blubber off idle which adds to the slight turbo lag that every turbo has.

Did you notice any improvement on the bottom end just off idle after the relocation of injectors and new map?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Mine has no noticeable blubber or turbo lag. Power is instant and crisp

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
My MTNTK kit was installed last year on a 2018 Axys and I love the kit. The starting issue isn't really that bad as you just have to give it a little or a lot of throttle sometimes to get it to start just after a long pull. My only issue has been the blubber off idle which adds to the slight turbo lag that every turbo has.

Did you notice any improvement on the bottom end just off idle after the relocation of injectors and new map?

Mine has a blubber off bottom every now and again. Especially if I go from zero to full pin. Seems cleaner if I smoothly work up to full throttle. Other factor is if the right side of belly pan is buried in snow at all it does it cause exhaust is covered.
Yes starting does need throttle cracked a bit most times. But with e start no big deal.
Minor issues with an overall amazing kit.
Shawn sent me a new map to try but haven’t got out with it yet.

After having a Silber doo and non stop probs every ride this mtntk axys has been so easy. Only probs I’ve had in 2000km have been Polaris problems. Tps and starter solenoid.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Just FYI.... I got a hold of MTNTK and they let me know today (1.16.20) that they don't have the updated map ready for a 2018 or newer. The updated map that everyone is talking about here is for the 2016-2017 Axys.

Premium Features